“Value for its location and room”

Kings De Nathan Hotel
Ranked #377 of 717 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore, Singapore
“Value for its location and room”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

The hotel is conveniently located at YauMaTei MTR station and near the Temple Street night market. Indeed, the service wasn't fantastic and the room isn't considered big, but it was clean and comfortable. We even squeezed four people in there with two beds and a makeshift bed. There's also many shops nearby (such as Sasa, mannings and 7-11) which makes it convenient as well. Another plus point is that its a 15 minute walk away from the one Michelin star dimsum restaurant which requires one to wake up early to queue for (but definitely worth the wait :))

All in all, a pretty good hotel if you aren't too fussy about size of the room and the staff's service standards.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank neelie-scribbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
jakarta
Reviewed 24 December 2011

My family and I stayed in kings de nathan on December 2011, for 3 nights. I've read lots of reviews about the people being unnice and not smiling, but our receptionist was nice and very helpful. There's only one elevator (a very, slow, elevator) but it didn't cause much problem. The room is amazingly small, although very clean. You can hear the traffic all night long, but it wasn't a big problem for us since we were very tired after a looong day in hong kong. all was well.

until our last night.

it seems that they were changing the water system (i think?). The first thing we notice was there's no hot water. They say it would last only until 6 pm, but at 12 am the same night there's still no hot water.

The day after, there seems to be hot water (both my parents showered happily) but then it stopped again. It seems now it lacked hot water.

But that was our only problem, the room was nice and clean and the staff was helpful. The location is good, next to mtr station (PS there's no elevator or escelator in the exit).

We hope the problem is solved by now.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Neither would i recommend to any friends. Their service turns me off even though I have yet to check-in. Not looking forward to my hotel stay anymore.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank VKOH0809

Travellers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

Malacca Town, Melaka, Malaysia
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Stayed 4 nights in this hotel (27 Nov to 01 Dec)... family of 4 (2 adults, one 10 and one 4) in the family room with one single bed and one queen size bed. Room was small but I did not expect a big room anyway and it's pretty dusty but I can live with that. Location is great... just like what most of the others reviewed and to add on, the taxi stop is just in front of the hotel.
My guess is the chances with rude staff is purely luck... as I have had some pretty good service from them. While they did not serve with a smile, they were not rude at all. Services were pretty effective... and the staff that dealt with me were Wong, Steven and if I am not mistaken, one of the cleaners name is Yoyo.
HKD500 for deposit... well, I just thought of it as a "temporary safe" and I was glad to have the "extra" HKD500 back to more souvenir and duty free shopping at the airport.
Also, if you do not want your room to be disturbed when you are not around, remember to get the "Do Not Disturb" card from the staff. The cleaners won't look at the "Do Not Disturb" light equipped that the room.
I have had some problems with the WiFi on my first night... but then my wife discovered that it all depends on my laptop location in the room. Try shifting your laptop nearer to the door instead of further away... and for me, I got some unbelievable downloading speed just by doing that.
TV programs/channels were pretty limited. Just a few channels, and if I am not mistaken, there is only 2 or 3 English channels. Anyways, I was in Hong Kong for the theme parks... not for their TV programs.
Soundproofing is not too good though... especially when you have some really noisy neighbors. However, the beds were comfy enough... and with our hectic theme parks schedule, the comfort of the bed did not really matter at all as we practically were "dropping dead" on the beds.
Loads of night market shopping and eating can be done just a few steps away from the hotel.
I would say the value of the hotel is OK... and btw, I got a pretty good offer from the hotel's own website (and not from the hotel booking sites).
For a small room, do not expect the kids to run around... and by the way, I "split" the single bed to become two beds... and they still fit in. Just that the room for walking was very small by then.
I have loads of other things to share... but I think I have written long enough. Just a few more tips:
1. For a group of three or less travelers, it is advisable to get the MTR Airport express card. Otherwise, the taxis will do.
2. There are a few stalls/shops nearby the hotel that the food you should try. Just looked around, there is one stall where there is always a long queue from 7pm to 8.30pm.
3. At the night market near the hotel, taste of the restaurant's food goes proportionate with the tables set up and seated. The more tables set up and seated, the better the food taste.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Axl T
singapore
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We booked this hotel because it has 3 beds in a room that can sleep 4 persons. If you can afford to have extra room, i advise you to look for another hotel that has the same great location and free airport express transfer to MTR.
The hotel room is small but it is comfy for you to sleep. it has a flat screen TV, safe box and fridge.i think the hotel just renovated not long hence you can find the room and bath room look new and nice. the hotel only has 1 lift and takes a while as everybody is using it.

It is only 5 mins walk to Yu Ma Di MTR, no need to cross any road, just use Exit C. There are a lot of eatery around it. i recommend 1 shop selling Beef noodles that is behind the hotel. we went 3 times and you can see a lot of famous artist photo pasted on the shop doors. You can try dessert next to the shop, good taste also. Not forgetting the dim sum shop next to the beef shop, also good and cheap.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family