“Beautiful Day”

More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I loved the island, I'm sure it helped that it was a beautiful day (for the most part). The Buddha was the favorite I've ever seen (and I had spent the whole month previous doing Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore, so I had seen ALOT of buddhas) The touristy town is cute, tea store is cool, I spent maybe 2 hours there in total. The cable car was down for maintenance, the bus ride was long but scenic (took my ipod with me). However my favorite part was going to the Tai O village after, such a contrast from the Ngong town. I was going to try some fresh seafood but after seeing everything I did in the markets I stuck with egg balls but It is so cool to see. Everything imaginable from the sea is sold there, mainly dried and they sell fresh stuff straight from there nets also. I just walked around and took pictures of everything, there is a bus that goes straight to Tai O from Ngong.

2  Thank Candybeth
in 58 reviews
"hiking trails"
in 39 reviews

Reviewed 15 March 2012

We took a bus instead of the Ngong Ping 360 cable car ride due to the bad weather.

1  Thank Vi-Anne23
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Lantau island has some of the vestiges of what HK used to look like. It is quieter and has more green spaces. It is worth the trip...take the ferry.

1  Thank rosebud32
Reviewed 14 March 2012

WE went on a day that was a bit cold, so walking to the top the wind was howling, the village was nice, but we did not catch the cable car back as it was a bit pricy and opted for the bus bac.