Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$ 84
PricelineUS$ 84
Hotels.comUS$ 84
Booking.comUS$ 84
FindHotelUS$ 84
eDreamsUS$ 84
All reviews momo cafe courtyard marriott the executive lounge shek mun river view new territories new town plaza quiet stay circle k convenience store platinum member front office free shuttle breakfast spread lounge access high floor train station
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 March 2021

1. Claimed well prepared but did nothing- checked in staff confirmed extra amenities and DVD player being set up in the room, but found nothing for both items. They did not realise housekeeper and technician failed to preset/ install until I called back.
2. No make up for room: switched on the “clean the room” sign at afternoon , but the room was not cleaned up when I back to room at 23:30pm. How can bad things happened coincidence - Housekeeper did not aware and the team failed to notice I made the clean up sign. I was asked to moved to another room temporary for immediate clean up and had my shower back at original room at 1am
3. No make up for room for consecutive second night - Forgot to put clean room sign, but the the front office manage expected me to respond his letter whether“ to clean up or not” when I was not in the room. Again. The room left as it was when I back to hotel at night.
4. GM “disappeared” , showing no respect and sincere apology - as their tier member, I have been requesting to talk to GM directly. However, GM did not show up and dedicated his colleague to respond - showing no respect. GM not even willing to email respond me. It is hard to convince that the hotel and its management are taking the incident seriously with sincere apologies. The so-called compensation was an room upgrade - which makes no sense and values . Would you continue to buy the service for a fee after experiencing no service from them? A few thousand points also means nothing.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank FT-FrequentTraveller
Assistant Mgr CYHKST, Guest Services / Front Office at Courtyard Hong Kong Sha Tin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2021

Dear FT-FrequentTraveller,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Hong Kong Sha Tin and providing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to avoid the same issue happening for your upcoming visit.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again.

Dennis Wong

Reviewed 24 February 2021 via mobile

Great return stay at Courtyard Shatin. Service was attentive and welcoming. Many thanks for the elite upgrade to the studio suite. Loved the panoramic views of the river and mountains throughout. Made our stay extremely comfortable and enjoyable. They also surprised us with a towel that had my name sewed on. It was a kind and personalised gesture you would normally only expect from luxury hotels in higher categories. The level of service here certainly exceeded all our expectations just upon arrival. Hardware: the studio suite was perfect for both leisure and business as we both had some work during our stay. We could soak in the view from the large work desk which was comfortable to work in. The window-side bathtub was also a highlight. Overall, the suite was well appointed although a upgrade to a smart tv might attract more guests. Club lounge: Quite a pity we never got to experience the 30th floor executive lounge during our stays and was relocated to the lobby. Unfortunately, it just doesn't have the same private lounge feel as it should. However, it is understandable in these circumstances and hope it will reopen. The food at the lounge was fair. F&B: The breakfast selection is actually quite wide-ranging with good quality. Excellent buffet breakfast at its price point. Service is also very attentive. The afternoon tea (offered at half price for in house guests) was decent but there is certainly room for improvement. But overall Courtyard Shatin is certainly worth it (and then some) at its price point and we wouldn't hesitate to be back. Hope they do keep this up!

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank jerrystravels_
Reviewed 24 February 2021

Stayed in this hotel couple of times, and the most recent one is really disappointing (haven't checkout yet).
The first impression was ruined totally by how the front desk supervisor tried to grab just a hundred dollars or so by manipulating the "price difference" (inclusion of price inflated of same room type) for changing room type from twin bed to double bed. What made me feel worse was that one of their staff Ms Candy Kwan, did honestly provided proper price lists of different room types for fair comparison (her honesty was highly appreciated).
After checkin the room, despite a few hundred dollars upgrade fee was requested to pay, the room provided is definitely worst one among all I have stayed in this hotel. I did expect that the room have no view, but a small and dated low resolution TV (lack of connectivity, and I cant even watch the ball clearly when watching Australian Open!) is not what I wanted. Moreover, unlike my previous stays, no welcome fruit, no bathrobes, and no extra amenities like toiletries and towels were provided this time. Even slippers provided were lower quality than those provided to other rooms on same floor! I do feel its more like a downgrade.
Breakfast take-away arrangement was another disaster! As seats in MoMo cafe could never entertain all guests when there is full-house, they do encourage us to take-away instead of dine-in. In my previous stays I could choose whatever I want and pack by myself with boxes provided by staff. But this time only pre-packed items were provided. Obviously they neglected that we may have food allergies! Turned out there were 5 bread/bun/cakes in my pre-packed box, which I cant consume at all. Eventually I was starved while food were wasted at the same time.
Lounge operation is another hot mess. Opening hours for happy hour have been changed thrice in 4 days (day1 4-6pm, day2 and 3 got two sessions 4-5:20pm and 5:40-7:30pm, day4 5-7pm and tmr... God knows)! Guest never know when will it be until last min. Moreover there are never enough seats for elite members therefore I believe their staff should encourage guests to do take-away. However their front desk staff did provide incorrect information like "only pre-packed food available for take-away" to discourage guests to do so. It did worsen the situation and ended up there are always long long queue during happy hour time.
Its understand fully that there are always minor mistakes and things maybe overlooked when the hotel is almost full-house (full of elite members doing mattress run here), but certain minimum standard should still be maintained.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank BenniPosenov
Assistant Mgr CYHKST, Guest Services / Front Office at Courtyard Hong Kong Sha Tin, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2021

Dear BenniPosenov

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Hong Kong Sha Tin and providing your honest feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am very disappointed to learn that your stay with us was not a positive experience and would like to extend our sincere apologies for unpleasant experience you encountered. Please rest assured that we take every feedback, comment or complaint seriously by initiating a through follow up with the team.

I would much appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly to discuss the issues you have raised. If you wish to further discuss this matter, please feel free to contact us directly

Best regards
Louis Ho

Reviewed 31 January 2021 via mobile

Courtyard Hong Kong Sha Tin is a very great hotel. Largest guest room of most of the 4 star hotels in Hong Kong. You will get a large working desk in room and also comfortable bed, comfortable pillows.

Breakfast is great! Last by not least, Paul (Cheung??) at Momo Cafe provided outstanding service during my stay. His work attitude is worthy of praise.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JosephNCY0530
Reviewed 23 January 2021

First try in countryard Hong Kong sha tin. River view rooms without bath tub. After checking with hotel, only suites and few rooms are with bath tub. Maybe need to ask hotel before check in. As the lounge in 30/F are closed, the HH is arranged to take place on 1/F. Because of limited seat, we are only able to take back to my room.

In the midnight, the room with smoking smell and we are not able to sleep. The duty manager, Raymond, had arranged to another room in other floor. This time the room is okay but we can hear the voice and talk in the next guest room...

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ckmalice-sa
Assistant Mgr CYHKST, Guest Services / Front Office at Courtyard Hong Kong Sha Tin, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2021

Dear Ckmalice-sa,

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our first priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent same issue from occurring in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again in near future.

Dennis Wong