We decided to break our 10 day trip to Hong Kong by staying at the Gold Coast. Upon arrival (taxi from Kowloon around $250HK) there was really no friendly welcome and a shortage of guests. But it was mid week. We were then asked to wait until check in time as no room available. So we waited in the foyer, my son dropped his toy and one of the few security guards came over and asked him to not play with it? So that was our first impression - odd. The Piazza nearby is old and the food average. The highlight would be the buffet dinner - a must and if you pay instead of room charge - 30% discount off bill! The buffet had bbq, all varieties of foods and included drinks (ie beer). We paid just over $1000HK for the 4 of us. We probably wouldn't recommend accom based on dating accommodation and seems to be only an attraction for main landers or large groups these days. We probably prefer stays where we feel more welcome and modern.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape the urban landscape of downtown Hong Kong and retreat to a family-friendly beach resort. Only 30 minutes from Central, our hotel is a welcoming seaside oasis with lush tropical gardens that sets the stage for a relaxing holiday, an idyllic wedding or a lively conference. Our 453 rooms and suites feature tranquil views of the sea or neighbouring Gold Coast Yacht and Country Club, allowing guests to be comforted by the cool sea breeze as they enjoy the genuine warmth of our service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hong Kong Gold Coast Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gold Coast Hong Kong
- Hotel Gold Coast
- Gold Coast Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Gold Coast Hotel