“Good if you can get renovated room if not well too bad for you”

The Harbourview Hong Kong
Ranked #148 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Shanghai, China
“Good if you can get renovated room if not well too bad for you”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I booked this hotel based on the reviews. Upon arrival I was greeted by the staff with a warm smile. I asked for a smoking room with a large bed. Upon arrival the room didn't look like the picture I saw on-line, it was old, run down and with square tv that they don't sell anymore. I went downstairs to inquire. I was told only some rooms have been renovated and only the non-smoking one. So I decided to keep the room but asked if I could cancel the two other days I had booked. I was told there was no problem. I went back had a good sleep, but bed was quite hard.

So if I summarize I received great great service from the manager who understood my problem, tried to help me etc. If you get the renovated room you'll have a great stay i guess. The hotel is well located clause to Central and Wanchai.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Stayed for 5 night in May 2012, couldn't fault the room or the staff who were always on hand to help with directions, perfect location in Wan Chai, less than £4 for a taxi from Central Station and a 5min walk to the underground and tram stop makes it a great base for moving aroung Hong Kong.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Good: nice rooms, friendly service, good cleaning, good breakfast (not included)

Bad: view to the wall of the nearest building from a standard rooms. Bay view is also not so good (my friends changed type of rooms and additional payment is not reasonable as we finally understood), breakfast is not included (rate is not super high and reasonable), Internet connection is NOT included (i don't get it at all!)

You can get the breakfast with some restaurants nearby (in the nearest building along Harbour road & inside of Exhibition center)

Room Tip: Bayview is better rooms but not reasonable difference in price in comparison with the standard view
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 19 June 2012

This hotel is not 4 star by European standards. We are cueently staying here on our honeymoon...DO NOT BOOK THIS IF YOU'RE ON YOUR HONEYMOON! They told me all city/harbour view rooms were booked and we were given a tiny back room overlooking a mouldy wall. We waited 45 minutes for bags to be brought up to the room (they insisted on taking them) when I called to find out where they were I was told it would be coming.....15 minutes later I went down to get them myself. Not a pleasant start to the honeymoon. Room very tired with 70's decor, overlooked by office windows (on the other side from the mouldy wall). The double bed is smaller than normal european size double. I do not recommend this hotel unless you want something cheap. Service terrible.

Room Tip: Do not book this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We stayed at the Premier Harbour view room for 2 nights. There was no view of the harbour but I had a pleasant stay. Room size was reasonable and comfortable. 2 complimentary bottles of water was replaced daily. It is conveniently located within walking distance to the convention centre and the MTR stations. Staff at the reception were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple