Right next door to the poshest (and hugely expensive) Peninsula Hotel the YMCA is excellent value. We stayed here for 2 weeks in August 2012 and paid about £114 for a double room. The rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. The air-conditioning worked well. The staff were very pleasant and helpful (eg when I wanted to buy some concert tickets they rang the ticket agents, established that they didn't have any spare, found out which store might have some, and gave me directions on how to get there). Location is perfect - very close to MTR and ferries, and to loads of shops and restaurants. As for the view - see attached photo! And there are rooms with even better views, for slightly more.
We didn't eat in the restaurant but we did eat in the Mall Cafe. Food is so-so. The western food is better than the Asian so probably a good bet if you're missing toasted sandwiches. Two swimming pools, which looked nice though we didn't get round to using them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Salisbury has just completed a major room renovation. All 372 rooms and suites have been newly renovated featuring a modern and functional design. Complimentary free broadband WIFI access is available in all rooms. The hotel is a smoke free property and all rooms are non-smoking. Facilities include the Salisbury Dining Room, Mall Cafe, Banquet Rooms, Podium Garden, Fitness Centre with well-equipped Gymnasium, Indoor Swimming Pools, Jacuzzi, Y Shop, Hair Salon, Climbing Walls, Squash Courts and Basket Ball Court. "A Symphony of Lights" was awarded the world's "Largest Permanent Light and Sound Show" by Guinness World Records. This nightly spectacle combines interactive lights of more than 47 buildings on both Hong Kong Island and Kowloon with musical effects to showcase the vibrancy and glamorous night vista of Victoria Harbour. Our hotel guests could enjoy the spectacular show from our Harbour View Rooms and Harbour View Suites nightly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Salisbury-YMCA of Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Salisbury-Ymca Of Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Ymca
- Ymca Salisbury Hong Kong
- Salisbury Hong Kong
- Salisbury Ymca Hong Kong
- Salisbury Ymca Hotel
- Ymca Hong Kong
- Salisbury Hotel Hong Kong