I stayed here several times over the last 2 years and everytime hoped my customer would book me another hotel (see my review on Harbour Grand for a great alternative). All in all it's not a bad hotel, but HK has sooo much better... To describe Royal Pacific in one word: hectic. Or better: chaotic. Located in a shopping mall/ferry terminal (convenient for a stop-over if you plan to visit Macau or Mainland China) the lower floors (reception, lobby, restaurant) are contineously crammed with people. It's not very spacious too, so be prepared for long queues, waiting times and a lot of noise. Elevators are also open to the public (giving access to aforementioned mall/terminal from Canton road), which doesn't really help getting to your room (or breakfast) quickly. Rooms are small and convenient, but also fairly noisy. The hotel's location, apart from the transfer possibilities and easy access to Kowloon Park and expensive shops at Canton road and Harbour City, is not the most convenient as it's quite a walk to the Ferry terminal (to get to HK Island) or "downtown" Kowloon.
As I also had many meetings in this hotel I think it's fair to review the business amenities separately. It's actually good! Surprisingly serene, for located on a mezzanine on the quiet side of the hotel, meeting rooms are functional, always well prepared and with plenty of very kind staff around to help out with internet connections, coffee and whatever else may come up. So meeting wise I could recommend this place, but if you have a chance you might be better off getting your room somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Canton Road in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui,our hotel borders one of Hong Kong’s most vibrant retail and dining precincts. From this prime Kowloon location, our guests can enjoy postcard-worthy views of Victoria Harbour and explore the best the city has to offer. Within walking distance to the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR subway and Star Ferry, The Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers is the only Hong Kong hotel with direct access to the China-Macau Ferry. Access to the HK International Airport is also easy and fast within one hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Pacific Hotel And Towers
- Royal Pacific Hotel Hong Kong
- The Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers Hong Kong