“We had a great time”

Ranked #118 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
London
“We had a great time”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 10 days at the beginning of April 2012, we stayed in a suite with view to Hong Kong Island (very recommended) which was a very good size for my husband and I, my daughter (5) and our baby son (10 months at that time). No one asked for extra money to have 1 more set of everything and all staff was very helpful (especially when they had to change the bedsheets on the bed after the baby had an accident while we were changing his nappy - it was 9pm). I understand people's comment about the plugs but we always travel with 2 extra international plugs so not a problem for us.
The swimming pool was nice, the food at the restaurant was very good but expensive, staff was very friendly (they loved children) and the shuttle was very convenient. The location is great as very close to the tube station (you can get anywhere, always on time, clean and if you get an octopus card they refund what you did not use at the end). We got arouund almost everywhere on the tube.
Having a kitchen was very convenient, especially with children. The only thing is that they do not provide cleaning products. I have read that so I took my own. I also took Dettol (I am a bit of a clean fanatic) but to be honest I did not have to use it as all was very clean.

Room Tip: Definetely upgrade to a suite with a view to the harbour as you can see the daily light show every n...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Veroinuk
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Tianjin, China
Reviewed 15 July 2012 via mobile

I had stayed here before in 2009 and the grandeur and elegance has not changed. From the extra amenities in the rooms to the roof top pool. A grand hotel for those wanting a world class stay.

1 Thank ZhuHuaLong
Mumbai
Reviewed 14 July 2012

It's a very conveniently located property. Very reasonable priced too. I found the staff friendly and the service prompt. Due to it's location, ideally suited for tourist. Metro is close by and even if you take taxis, they will be not be expensive.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank andy_damle
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I stayed with quite a huge group. And the tour guide already checked us in so all I have to do just go to my room. But there are no sigb whih lift I should take. The room is too small for a couple of adults. I feel a bit cramped with just us and 2 luggage. The bathroom is standard. The concierge doesn't really understand what I asked (a direction to hard rock cafe), so I have to asked him a couple of times. Overall a so-so hotel for me.

• Stayed June 2012
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We chose this hotel because it was right across from the train station. Although the rooms were small, they were clean and comfortable. The staff was very nice and helpful. All in all we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends