“Best Location”

Ranked #15 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore, Singapore
“Best Location”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I have stayed in Hong Kong many times so far, but finds Langham Place have the best location in Hong Kong.

Arriving on 5am on a T3 signal day and feeling tired, I ask the front office staff if there is a place for me to rest. Unfortunately, the staff is unable to adhere to my request. So, a note to travelers whom arrive before 2pm, please book a night extra.

No complains about the room. At 33sq m, high floor and 180 view of Kowloon, this is the best hotel I ever stayed.

If only, the bathroom have a window view.

From here, I want to go to Wong Tai Sin, Chi Lam Nunnery and drama set of "Ghetto Justice" in Sham Sui Po, it is just few stops away, making my trip planning easier.

ANd yes the pool. It gives me a tan even I swam for an hour from 8-9am. As a person who like tan skin, this pool is one of my favorite.

I will come back again.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,191)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I stayed one night at the Langham Place and I was very impressed by the hotel. The staff were very helpful, the room was modern and immaculate, and the overall quality was apparent everywhere. I enjoyed the location, as it is very close to the MTR, and connected to a shopping mall. There is a lot of shopping on nearby streets. My only disappointment was the high price of the breakfast buffet - it was a little excessive at $200 HKD for what was offered. All in all though, this was a great stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Singapore
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Though it was a 2 night stay, I felt pampered with the consistent good service rendered by the staffs. The supper buffet was good, though I felt that it wasn't as good as the one I had earlier this year and a little pricy at around HK$200.

Room is clean and neat, and provides a good night sleep.

It is near the MTR station and next to a shopping centre where you will be spoiled for choice when it comes to food. 24-hour convenience store is also around the corner.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I cannot not recommend Langham Place highly enough.

The check in process was seemless. Our rooms were serviced regularly. Our room also had a Nespresso machine and BOSE iPod dock, we loved these little extras. Also included in our stay was the complimentary use of an iPhone for local calls which was really handy. The front desk staff were always helpful and prompt to answer the phone. The laundry service was great too.

We made use of all of the fantastic facilities in the hotel and were not disappointed once. We had a afternoon coffee and Work and Play. We had a beautiful meal at the two Michelin star restaurant, Ming Court - amazing! We had pre-dinner cocktails at The Backyard - a trendy little bar under the trees. We lazed at the rooftop pool - a glorious way to unwind after a full day of shopping and sightseeing. We drank whiskey at the Tokoro Whiskey Bar after a meal out - great ambiance! I had the most amazing massage at the Chuan Spa - pure bliss! We also indulged in the breakfast buffet on a few occasions too.

Of course we did actually make out of the hotel and see the sights - and there is so much to see and do! Every time we returned to the Langham Place hotel we were greeted by the most delicious scent in the foyer. I found out they use a different scent every season... we stayed in the summer and I loved this scent so much I went to the gift shop at the end of our stay and purchased the candle and air mist. I love that I have this memento and every time I smell it I will be whisked back to this beautiful hotel and be reminded of all our amazing experiences in Hong Kong.

The hotel is in a huge shopping complex and sits above a MTR station - so it was very easy to get around Hong Kong during our stay. If I ever return to Hong Kong I certainly won't hesitate to book at the Langham Place Hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
LPHKG, General Manager at Cordis, Hong Kong, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Hi Cellis84,

So great to read how many nice experiences you tried at LP, and from a fellow Brisbanite - please let me know if you're coming back, let's have a drink together in The Backyard.

DREAM BIG!

Shaun
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 24 July 2012

This is my hotel of choice in Hong Kong, even though the location is not the best when you prefer to be on the Hong Kong side.

Service is perfect. I stayed in the hotel for about 8 nights and every night was great. Every morning I had a fresh toothbrush, toothpaste, razor - everything! You name it, they provided it for you fresh. Probably not the most economical or environmentally friendly, but the additional perks were much appreciated.

I absolutely loved the "pillow menu" that the Langham Place offers. There's a menu of different pillows you can order (lavender, green tea, square, etc), and they don't seem to place a limit on pillows. I had at least a half dozen pillows in my room.

The spa is also great! I've been to a few of the spas in Hong Kong, and so far this one has been my favorite one. The Langham takes into consideration all the fine details of separating themselves as a top-tier spa.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends