i was here from 2 to 4 May 2012 on a work trip and i really enjoyed my stay. i arrived at the hotel late in a taxi and i was impressed by the kind of service i received from the moment i reached to the moment i checked out.
the porter held open the taxi door and helped me with my luggage. he then walked me to the lift (though i told him it was okay, i have already been there before and was familiar with the hotel) and pressed the buttons and escorted me to the front desk for me to check in. checking in was no hassle at all and went very smoothly. my luggage was delivered the moment i reached my room - very efficient and quick!
i love that the langham mall is connected to the hotel for convenience and some late night shopping (H&M is open till 11pm most days!).
the hotel is also very convenient, located near Mongkok MTR.
the room was splendid. it was spotlessly clean and the toilets have been upgraded with a rainshower (i stayed here in July 2011 and the rainshowers weren't there then). they had a lot of pretty toiletries that you could help yourself too. the towels were changed every day without fail, and the bed always very neatly made. i had a whole king sized bed to myself so the room didn't seem too small. but when i was there in 2011, i was sharing the room with a fellow colleague with twin beds and the room seemed to be rather on the small-ish side. but i guess, that's the typical HK size.
the room was well stocked with hair dryer, ironing board, bath robes - oh and their bath towels are awesome. they are much longer than normal towels and so fluffy, you wouldn't believe it. it's luxurious with a capital L. and the view is really good, try to get as high a floor as you can. i was on the 23rd floor and i loved it.
probably the only complaint i had is the aircon - i like that it was high tech and touchscreen but somehow i couldn't find a suitable ambient temperature for me - it was either too hot or too cold and i suffered a bad case of sinus the whole time i was there.
i had room service for breakfast on my last morning and i ordered eggs benedict. they delivered the breakfast right on time as requested but somehow the quality of the food was much to be desired. i definitely have had better. but i suppose this won't stop me from staying here again - in HK there are many alternatives within easy reach.
will be back when i'm in HK again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cordis, Hong Kong is an upscale 5-star hotel located in the vibrant Mongkok district of Kowloon. This 660 room modern hotel is directly linked to the Langham Place shopping mall and Mongkok MTR station. All rooms and suites are equipped with high speed wifi, a free-to-use smartphone, LED TVs. Our wellness facilities include a fully equipped fitness center, two fitness studios and outdoor heated pool, along with the Chuan Spa, which features over 60 unique treatments. Dining options include the two Michelin starred contemporary Cantonese restaurant, Ming Court, the trendy European restaurant and bar, Alibi – Wine Dine Be Social, and The Garage Bar, the new outdoor food truck destination bar, as well as The Place, the hotel’s all day dining restaurant. The hotel also features some of Hong Kong’s best meeting and event facilities including Kowloon’s highest ballroom, The Star Room, and the 600 seater Ballroom, which includes a 7m x 4m built in LED wall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Prestigia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cordis, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langham Place Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Langham Place
- Langham Place Hotel Hong Kong
- Cordis, Hong Kong