“Wow what a hotel!”

Ranked #15 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
The Netherlands
“Wow what a hotel!”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We shared a quad place with are two children. We enjoyed are stay very much. We arrived early in the morning with a jetlag and our room was not ready. We went to the rooftop pool and spent time there, slept on the lovely sunbeds and had lunch at the pool. A great start of our stay. In the afternoon we spent some time in the bar during the happy hour. They serve nice fingerfood with the drinks. We also stayed one evening to dine in the bar. Very good.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Lauren2306
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I have stayed in this hotel 3 times and wrote a glowing review after my first stay. Unfortunately the standards have dropped this time round. I just checked into my room at today 26 Feb 215 pm after arriving at the hotel at 12 noon. I was told that my room is not ready but it's already empty. Cleaners were already working on it. I went for lunch, shopped and returned at 1330 but it was still not ready. I was advised to go to the 5th floor bar to rest. This is where it went downhill. Once I sat down, a rude waitress gave me a really unwelcome look and asked what I was there for. I've had a long flight, I'm tired and I am waiting for my room. Last thing I wanted was someone unfriendly giving me a tough time. Obviously I left and waited at the waiting area in the hotel until my room was ready. Gave a feedback to the staff checking me in and he just smiled and no apology of any kind was given. After all they are not at fault right? Guaranteed check in is at 3pm.
I must admit I may have unrealistic expectations after my stays in pricier hotels and my past experience in Langham Place. That's what kept me coming back. The other service staff I encountered so far have been great. But this check in process could be better managed. it's the first impression and after long flights, guests are naturally grumpy and all we need is a shower.
Maybe next time I come to HK, it's time to check out other places.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank Singap0reTraveller
LPHKG, General Manager at Cordis, Hong Kong, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Hi Singapore Traveller,

Understand the disappointment of not being able to get into your room after traveling some distance, and doesn't really matter what time of day it is. We firstly work hard at this - both to get rooms for guests asap, and if not possible then to be at the very least as hospitable as we can be during a wait. Sorry this wasn't the case this time - that's not our usual style.

Shaun
Perth
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We stayed here twice over the Xmas and New year period, first for 2 nights where we ungraded from Vital Place (superior) to Essential Place (deluxe) for an extra $25 AUD! Worth paying the extra I think, bigger room, much bigger and nicer bathroom and a really nice view! We paid approx $216 AUD per night and booked it through the hotel website! On our second stay we stayed for 6 nights in The Vital Place (superior) room, we weren't offered an upgrade so I am presuming there were none available! Due to the New Year period we had to pay $257 AUD per night, also booked through the hotel website! We never had breakfast included due to the cost, $29 AUD each!! The hotel is connected to the Langham Place shopping mall, so we chose to have breakfast at Toast Box, for $10 AUD you could get 4 x Extra thick toast and 2 cups of teas, much better value! McDonalds and Starbucks are also at the shopping centre! The hotel is in a great location, walking distance to the night markets and lots of restaurants! Albert and Mandy at the concierge desk were extremely helpful and offered a great service!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen M
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 24 February 2012

great hotel with good location
great shopping mall
fashion street a few blocks away

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 24 February 2012

From the moment we arrived at the desk at the aiport for the Langham Place to the time we returned back at the airport we most definately were guests at a very top quality hotel with service of the highest standard.
We arrived at the desk at the airport after a long days travel, the gentlemaqn was very helpful, very careful, considerate and above all else he represented Langham Place Hotel as our first contact and set a high standard of customer service which was continued by all staff and managers.
We had booked a Club Room and check in was completed with professionalism and enthusiasm which envigorated weary ttravellers. A good cup of tea and a comfy seat whilst completing the formalities were exactly what the doctor ordered. Our bags were taken to the room whilst we were able to begin enjoying the facilities of the Club Lounge. When we were ready (and that was the best part of this hotel - when you are ready to do something not when you are told) we were shown to our room and left to freshen up.
At 6PM we found ourselves back in the Club Lounge enjoying the hospitality; which other 5 star hotels would do well to take a look at and learn from, along with others. It is well worth the money and the views from the 36th floor are spectacular and always changing.
The staff are helpful, polite, friendly but never overbearing or imposing, but, should you require something or wish to enquire about anything, then they will move mountains and go to very exceptional lengths to ensure that you and your party have what is desired.
We ate at the hotel and made use of The Place and Ming Court as well as the continuous supply of varioous snacks in the Club Lounge.
The Place is good for breakfast with a huge variety of foods to get your day off to a good start, although you could use the Club Lounge if you wish.
If you do go to Langham and wish to indulge in fine food then please go to the Ming Court and enjoy the finest culinary delight that you will find. Frank Chan is the manager of this 2 Michelin Star restaurant and nothing is left to chance. The food is of a high quality, the service is outstanding and there is a wine list that is the envy of many. Price wise, you will pay what you would expect for a restaurant with such honours, but, it is more than worth it and if you can, then have the 'signature dish' for your dessert you will not be disappointed.
The room was always clean, the bed very comfortable, the ambience was excellent and clever use of space. Please remember that space in Hong Kong is very expensive and so you will find that the initiative used to create the illusion of space is great, but it does not make the room feel small.
The shopping mall attached to the hotel offers all that any discerning shopper would require but you do not have to walk to far from the hotel to any of the local markets to find the real Hong Kong, be aware that it is easy to spend money but goods are not expensive. The variety is there, you just have to look for it, or ask any of the Club Lounge personnel who will guide you to where it is.
The Chuan Spa is an excellent experience and offers a wide variety of therapy for all of us tired, stressed and 'in need' travellers, you can expect to pay the normal for your spa.
All in all this was a hugely rewarding trip and we enjoyed all aspects of this hotel and what it offers.
We shall be returning to this particular hotel and we will also betrying others in this chain, the others have a lot to live up to as the bar has been set and they will be judged against this standard.

Room Tip: Club Rooms are excellent.