When we initially arrived at the hotel and approached the front desk we were warmly greeted with two hot towels to wash our hands with. I was very impressed. The front desk clerk did not speak much English and it was difficult to understand her- I think she was new as she was having issues making keys and finding us a room. In any case, I asked about any complimentary upgrades but she was very adamant stating she did not have any available. She gave us our room keys and when we entered the room there was someone else's luggage on the chair. We immediately went back down to the front desk and informed the same clerk that checked us in and she looked like she was having a heart attack. She immediately gave us a free upgrade to a room on a higher floor with a view of the water as opposed to the city. The room smelled a bit musty as if no one had used it for awhile. The view, however, was outstanding and breathtaking. Shortly thereafter the Duty Manager called me apologizing for what had happened and offered to send up a bottle of wine. The bed was nice and big and there were about 10 gigantic pillows which made it nice and comfy for us. The shower stall was nice but the pipe attached to the shower head had been broken off and taped back on so the water pressure was in and out. Also the handle to the bathroom door broke off on both sides. With some preventive maintenance for the room and some more training at the Front Desk, this hotel could quickly become one of the best hotels we have stayed in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cordis, Hong Kong is an upscale 5-star hotel located in the vibrant Mongkok district of Kowloon. This 660 room modern hotel is directly linked to the Langham Place shopping mall and Mongkok MTR station. All rooms and suites are equipped with high speed wifi, a free-to-use smartphone, LED TVs. Our wellness facilities include a fully equipped fitness center, two fitness studios and outdoor heated pool, along with the Chuan Spa, which features over 60 unique treatments. Dining options include the two Michelin starred contemporary Cantonese restaurant, Ming Court, the trendy European restaurant and bar, Alibi – Wine Dine Be Social, and The Garage Bar, the new outdoor food truck destination bar, as well as The Place, the hotel’s all day dining restaurant. The hotel also features some of Hong Kong’s best meeting and event facilities including Kowloon’s highest ballroom, The Star Room, and the 600 seater Ballroom, which includes a 7m x 4m built in LED wall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Prestigia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cordis, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langham Place Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Langham Place
- Langham Place Hotel Hong Kong
- Cordis, Hong Kong