In my recent experience, the only good thing about this hotel is its convenient location to public transport and shopping. I can name a few incompetencies of the staff:
1. Reception/Registration : We booked the room online directly with the Kimberley Hotel (a suite with new furniture/deco and carpet) for 4 nights and a late check-out. Luckily we had a printed confirmation about the late check-out as the hotel has no records of it. The suite (was nice but has a used bandaid on the clean bed) was on the floor (Level 21 -top floor) that has no lift access (stairs only access from Level 20). We asked to move to Level 20 (it was a mistake!!) as this room was smaller & not as nice and had a broken sofa bed.
2. Hotel Key : The hotel key didn't work. My husband went down to reception and they gave us a new one. It still didn't work. So he went down again and again. Now he came back with a man (not sure of his position). The man said someone was inside the room and double-locked it. I told him there were only three of us and we were all outside of the room. The man called security. A security woman turned up, and managed to unlock the door and there was nobody inside the room, the only extra thing was the cleaners cleaning cloth!! The man had no idea that you can't double lock the door from the outside!!
3. Floor cleaner: On the last day of our stay at about 10:30am, the cleaner opened the door (without knocking) and I told her, in Cantonese (the language that she and I communicated previously), not to bother as we had a late check-out at 4pm. An hour or two later, she opened the door again (without knocking), she now asked if she could take the rubbish. I let her and she also put down the new bed sheets (not sure the purpose of that). I was unhappy that she didn't remember I asked her not to bother about cleaning, so I turned on the "Do not disturb" sign. Then at 3:45pm when we were about to leave the room, there she was again at our door wanting to clean our room. I was talking on the mobile phone and was really angry of her coming in time and time again. I was extremely unhappy that the cleaner didn't knock on the door before entering the room and didn't listen to instructions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kimberley Hotel is centrally located in the bustling shopping and entertainment district of Tsim Sha Tsui in Kowloon with 45 minutes drive from the airport and 15 minutes from the Hung Hom Train Station & Kowloon Station. The MTR station, Star Ferry, Avenue of Star, Hong Kong Space Museum, Cultural Center and major corporate offices are within walking distance. At the Kimberley Hotel, the three elegant restaurants and Bar are on offer to guest, as well as a business center, gym and health spa for your recreation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Kimberley Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kimberley Hong Kong
- Kimberly Hotel Hong Kong
- Kimberley Hotel Hong Kong