1,179 results
All reviews nathan road nathan rd kowloon park walking distance location is excellent deluxe room chinese restaurant mtr station free shuttle shopping ferry eateries convenience
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Our firm trip stayed at this hotel which was very strategcallylocated near Nathan Road which had all the shopping, eating etc. The rooms were clean and decent but on the whole, the Hotel looked a bit tired. But the selling point of this hotel was its location which made it our choice..A short walk to the MTR stations and if you walk slighty further, there was an excellent Irish Bar called Murphy's!!!!! You could be fooled to think you were in the UK whilst having your drinks there.....

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2012

A great location Hotel very clean very helpful staff
Loved Hong KOng so many shops lights people what amazing city

A great laundry mat down the street for your washing also much cheaper than the hotel

Room tip: ask for quite back room not near a lift non smoking room
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank chez270
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Stay for 3 nights with group tour for attending conference.

Kimberley hotel is old fashioned HK style hotel. Room is dated and small like HK standard. I think they need refurbishment very soon. Location is great, just short walk to shopping on Nathan and MRT Tsim Sha Tsui Station.

If I can book by myself, I will think twice to stay here.

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Kengkla
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I have been to Hong Kong a few times and this was by far the worst place I've stayed! What's even worse- we selected this hotel for our wedding in Hong Kong and told people attending the event to stay here! What a mistake!

Our room was very shabby and dirty. The fridge was in some wooden housing from the 1970's with black mold on the outside. The bathroom was marble, which looked nice, but it too was very old- let's just say the hairdryer would feel at home in the 1950's. The bed was rock hard...really romantic, thanks!

Also, the drain in the shower didn't drain- at all! When I got in to clean up I had to tell my husband to call the front desk to tell them that literally zero water was draining out. I had to towel up while housekeeping came in- they did something to help it, but it wasn't fixed completely and every time we took a shower we had to stand in a foot of water. Nasty!

When we told them it was our wedding, and that we were VERY disappointed with the room, they did NOTHING! No apologies, no trying to help, nothing. We told them that we were so upset that we planned on telling our friends to change their reservations, which also resulted in NOTHING being done. In fact, I would say that the man at the desk was rather rude and cold and simply tried to ignore us. We wanted to be angry and rude with this man, but since it was our wedding week, we didn't want some argument to ruin our happy time in Hong Kong. If we had been there for any other reason besides our wedding, I would have raised hell.

They did put a bottle of house wine in our room- but with one glass! haha guess they thought since we're married that we wanted to share everything. We asked for another glass, but no luck!

When our friends came to our room they told us it was actually much nicer than theirs (again...we felt awful and embarrassed for having recommended the hotel). I dread to think what their rooms were like!

I was back in HK last week and selected another hotel (The Bauhinia)- cheaper too, which was so much nicer! I couldn't get over how friendly their staff was, how amazingly clean my room was, and all the extra effort they went to to try to make me comfortable.

The hotel is in a good location-but so are 50 other places. Try your luck at one of those! For the price they charge (which is too much) you WILL find better lodging elsewhere.

Room tip: Just don't stay here. We had the deluxe room. Awful
Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
9  Thank phoenixwan
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Hotel with an excellent location - parallel to Granville road and adjacent to Nathan Road, so for the price, at least the place is not dodgy or sleazy. But the hotel is too dated and old. Time to change the carpets in the room too! Hotel staff are not service-oriented.

Date of stay: June 2011