I stayed in the hotel for 3 nights. I did not receive a harbor view room but received nicely renovated one from 16th (out of 18 in total). The hotel is definitely Intercontinental quality in the renovated rooms and can be highly recommended.
As I travel a lot for business, I prefer getting hotels with a pool and gym; this had both very nice ones and the gym is open until 11pm!
A few issues I faced though; internet in the hotel is a joke! They normally price it separately for each HW but now, due to renovation, I was given 3 free Internet passes when complaining about the noice. In case I would not have had free internet, I would have asked my money back as it was almost useless no matter if I used it via cable or WiFi. I'm a techie so issues with computer is not the case (was experiencing the same with mobile devices as well.)
The ongoing renovation is also an issue; although the renovation was said being done around 7th floor, I could not try working in my room due to constant noise. Luckily the pool was a nice place to work on a day off! So don't expect to be able to rest in room after 10am from Mon to Sat until its finished...
Anyways, could be back after the renovation is final.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the bustling shopping, business and entertainment district of Tsimshatsui East, InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong, being a member of Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG), is an acclaimed five-star hotel that offers sophistication and heritage. Set against the stunning backdrop of Victoria Harbour, half of the hotel's 570 luxuriously appointed guest rooms and suites boost sweeping views of picturesque Hong Kong skyline and breathtaking Victoria Harbour.Located in the proximity of the world-famous Star Ferry and within easy reach of all major transportation systems such as the Mass Transit Railway (MTR) and Guangzhou-Kowloon Through Train Station, the hotel offers easy accessibility within the city and entry into China. With complimentary shuttle bus service provided by the hotel, Hong Kong's largest shopping mall Harbour City is just within doorstep. InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong provides the finest selection of world-class dining outlets from famed Cantonese cuisine at Hoi King Heen crafted by award-winning native Chef Leung, passionately Italian cuisine at Mistral with finest Italian produce, to contemporary international buffet at Café on M and Tiffany's New York Bar, knowing as Capital of Whisky with the largest whisky capacity in town. The sheer flexibility of the hotel, with its ample choice of venues complement the state-of-the-art meeting facilities in a comfortable and stylish setting, caters for functions of diverse size. For three consecutive years between 2014 and 2016, the hotel was recognized as "Hong Kong's Leading Business Hotel" by the prestigious World Travel Awards and the hotel collects the ultimate accolade for its renowned service as 'World's Leading Luxury Business Hotel' and 'Asia's Leading Business Hotel' in 2016. Its refined services and facilities makes the hotel the ideal choice for the savvy business and leisure travelers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your InterContinental Grand Stanford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Grand Stanford Hotel Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Hotel Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong