“Good price, what I expected.”

Metropark Hotel Mongkok
Ranked #28 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I gave this hotel a average rating but it did exactly what I wanted. Quick stop over in Hong Kong for other reasons than tourism. Close to a train station for Hong Kong and transport in and out of China. Rooms are clean and functional but small. Toilets are clean with a OK shower. Around the hotel there is a 7-11 and the usual small eateries. No Frills but good value.

Room Tip: High up as possible.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Novaftse

Reviewed 23 May 2012

When we visited HongKong for the third time, we chose Metropark hotel in Mongkok because of its location. It was last February 2012 and it's still a peak season so the daily rate of Php 4,500+ is much like accepted.

Though the building is a bit old, I can still say that we were satisfied with their service, food and experience. The Prince Edward MTR station is just less than 5 minute walk and Mongkok Ladies Market is very accessible by foot.

And because of its central location, the area is crowded. Unfortunately, after three times in Hongkong, it's only then we have experienced that someone is after us. It was our first night and we got to the hotel late (I think, 1 AM) from our tour to Avenue of the Stars and Ladies Market. We walked from Ladies Market going to the hotel and when we're almost in the side entrance, I noticed that a man in black jacket with a cap (a typical goon-looking guy) is following us. I have this instinct that he's after us. After few more walks, I saw him exchanging hand languages with another man who is about to approach us. My heart beat so fast and the next thing I knew is we were running going to the hotel lobby and we stopped at the reception. To our surprised, they also got in but after looking around, they went out to the side exit/entrance. The elevator of the hotel does not require a keycard and the people are coming from everywhere. They just look so suspicious. Thank God nothing happened but it took a while before the shivering of my legs are gone.

I think the hotel needs more security, at least some lighting around the vicinity during the night or someone checking if the people are really guests of the hotel. I didn't mean to scare anyone but the location of the hotel is very busy so I advise everyone to be alert at all times. Just also be vigilant wherever you go.

Room Tip: rooms are more spacious compared to other hotels
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank womenality
Reviewed 3 May 2012

The hotel is a bit expensive but you really pay for the 3-star hotel service. The beds, pillows and linens are clean and comfortable, other hotel amenities are average. It is conveniently located just few minutes walk to Prince Edward MTR station and also a few blocks away from the flower market, goldfish market, bird garden and the ladies market. Most resto around are Chinese but convenient stores abound. Hotel room/food service is expensive.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank expatmomdiaries
Reviewed 3 May 2012

The staff were helpful and very fast in terms of checking in and out. I accidentally spilled water on my bed in the night and housekeeping staff was quick to change bedding. Location was great.

Room Tip: Request for non smoking room
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2012

The hotel is in great location for shopping at Mongkok, as well as very convenient (close to Prince Edward MTR and next to cross-boundary to China bus stop), The room are small (standard in HK) but stuffy (air con does not work well). So this hotel is good if you just use it as bed to sleep at night and go out most of the day for your shopping and eating. I paid $1010HKD per night for Standard room so these days so this is not expensive. So at the end you get what you paid for.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple