New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #78 of 703 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore, Singapore
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

A very good property. Rooms have normal size for HK standard and are well maintained. The " Can do" service is extremely good as they were assisting all the time during my stay and very fast. Specially manager on duty on 12th June night. Time for check in or check out also very convenience and in general all reception staff very friendly and useful. Breakfast is really good plenty of choices ( Asian and Western ). I was also surprised for the gym, full and new equipment.

Location is extremely good in Kowloon and quality price the hotel is one of my picks. The only negative point is internet, even is free during your stay you need to pay for the faster options. Management should consider to give fast option for free as we are in XXI century. Saying that the price was reasonable.

Room Tip: Try not to choose rooms next elevator
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank GarricsBarcelona
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (741)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tauranga, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

Yes, the rooms are small, but this is Asia. And the rooms are certainly clean and comfortable.
The house restaurants are good, and the service exemplary. And to cap it off, they even gave me a birthday cake (and I was checking out on my birthday, not staying the night).
This hotel also has a pool, which was much appreciated. Many other hotels do not have this.
Location is good, only one block to the Jordan MTR station, and maybe 10 minutes walk to the Kowloon waterfront. A taxi to/from the Airport Express station is only about HKD30.

Room Tip: Make it VERY clear when you book if you want a double bed and/or a non-smoking room (this a standard...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alec W
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

My husband recently (may/June 2012) spent three weeks in China/Hong Kong for my 29th birthday & our 1 year wedding anniversary. We stayed in 4 different Hotels & also spent a night on an overnight train from Beijing to Xian.

All of our hotels we booked had 4 or more stars or so it read. Some even reading 5 stars.

Eaton Smart was the worst & the most expensive. We booked a deluxe room from the 4th June 2012 to the 11th June 2012 with flight centre.

Negatives-

1) not worth the room rate

2) Late checkout rate

3) slow check in

4) no explanation when checking in regarding re activating the room card for our late check out

5) Size

Positives ;

1) delicious food at the buffet

2) reasonable location if you don't want to be across from the harbor
....

I emailed the hotel prior to arriving informing them when I was arriving & the reason for my stay. I requested to have the room until 6pm the day of checkout. I got a prompted email saying this was not a problem however at a fee. A fee of almost the complete 1 day room rate when I only wanted it for 5 extra hours.

We checked in around 5pm. Check in was very slow.

We are given our room card without an explanation that on the day of checkout we need to re activate the card as we have paid for a late checkout.

The room was extremely small. There was nowhere for each of our suitcases. There was a cupboard however it was not wide or long enough for the smallest of our suitcases. We ended up putting 1 suitcase under the desk However with the suitcase under the desk the chair couldn't go under the desk which gave us no other choice for it to stay next to the bed. Our other suitcase, we put suitcase on the stand blocking the entrance from the bedroom.

There was nothing deluxe about the room. The round aircon duct was partially hanging of the roof & the safe didn't work.

The bathroom had been recently renovated. Poorly renovated must I add. The grout between the tiles around the bath was coming away from the tiles, the toilet roll holder was coming off the tiles, behind the toilet roll holder was a filthy dirt or some kind of mark not to mention the holder was covered in dust. The roof had some kind of oil which had dripped & dried in the corner & the shower curtain was mouldy.

The beds & pillows were hard but the blind kept the sun out if you wanted a sleep in.

The towels were small & rough on your skin. On the last day I request from the cleaner extra towels which she kindly handed over without any issue.

During our second night I was woken at 4.20am by loud thumping noise coming from above my room. I let the noise carry on for a further 20 minutes & called the front desk. No answer. I called again. I advised of the noise & was informed that security would attend. I stood at my door for 10 minutes waiting for security. They didn't come despite the noise still going on. I got back into bed. The noise was loud, loud enough that I called the front desk again at 5.00am. I was put through to the duty manage & informed that early that night there was an air conditioner problem. I asked how long the noise was going to continue for. I was told until at least 6am. I asked why they choose to fix the air conditioner issue at 4.20am rather then earlier that night. The manager couldn't answer. The manager offered to move me to another room, just to sleep & could return to my room when tge noise had stopped. I was certain no matter what room I was in the noise would still be heard as it was ridiculously loud & grinding. Plus I didn't want to move rooms for a few hours to be moved again when I had possibly fallen asleep.

Later that day my husband & I went out & returned to the room to find a bottle of red wine. I thought that it was a nice way to apologies for the noise.

The wine got the better of me & I goggled it. $8 US! Is that all they could afford considering I had paid $7 for 1 can of coke??

My husband & I did eat at the buffet. Paying the same price as we would here in Australia approx $55. The food was delicious the only positive thing the hotel has about it.

Wing a staff member from the gym within the hotel was polite & gave great directions & Shamar from the bar made great cocktails.

The location is within walking distance to Temple street night market & between Salisbury Road & The ladies market (1.5km either way).

This hotel was recommended by flight centre & I was very disappointed. For the price paid better accommodation & service for the same room rate if not cheaper could be found at plenty of other hotels.

I don't recommend this hotel & will definitely not be staying again.

Room Tip: If youwere to stay here I would pay for a suite or ask to have a look at your room first.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank NIchole T
ESHKG, Manager at Eaton, Hong Kong, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments.

Our room rates are very competitive to the market and granting of free late check-out or early check-in are subject to availability. Our deluxe room is a bit small in size as limited by infrastructure however we do have bigger rooms like Club rooms and Suites that cater for different needs. We are sorry that our Front Desk colleagues carelessly overlooked on your due out day that led to inconvenience caused to replacing the key cards; while the noise pollution on that night was due to emergency air-conditioning repairing, we regret that our colleagues failed to explain to you in details. Rest assured that we strive to continue improving our facilities and services to enhance guest satisfaction.

Once again, thank you and we hope to have another chance to serve you again in the near future.

Sincerely yours,

Stan Chau
Hotel Manager
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

A friend and i had a lovely stay here. We shared a room with the wrap around windows, super impressive views! The staff were amazingly helpful and friendly, and the hotel was immaculate.
Our room booking came with breakfast included, and, daily happy hour, which we made the most of! (Free cocktails and canapes!!) we hardly needed dinner!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank MDaleNZ
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

My daughter and I found the deluxe room way too small for a one week stay, and upgraded to an executive room - an extra HK$385 per night - which was soooo worth it. You get a room which is twice as big, and membership of the "E" club where you are pampered by the wonderful Marilyn and her staff with breakfast and snacks through the day included. Thoroughly recommend the extra spend. Also we were let down by the prepaid shuttle booked throught Tour East (DONT USE THEM), despite numerous calls from the wonderful concierge staff at the hotel - they kept promising to be there is 10 minutes for over half an hour - we saw 4 of their buses go past but none stopped. The hotel staff organised one of their cars to take us to the airport - as the guy said - we want people to enjoy their stay and also their leaving Hong Kong. The service in this hotel is unbeatable.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for an executive room.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends