Stayed here on a trip with the whole family. We booked 5 rooms. No problems with the late check in, since our flight arrived close to 9pm in HK. Check in was quick, the front desk staff was very efficient, considering that there was also a big tour group checking in at the same time. At the time we stayed, they were having some renovations in the lobby area. The elevators were tiny, it took several trips to bring our party to the rooms, since only 3-4 people would fit, along with the luggage. The rooms were small as well, but the walls effectively dampened the noise inside the rooms (so we didn't have to worry about our banging and crashing disturbing the people in the other rooms). The bathroom was small, but had a separate shower stall (not shower over toilet). One thing: the outlets were a different shape and we couldn't plug our gadgets, but the front desk let us borrow an adaptor (you can also buy one from the shops on Nathan Rd, if you want your own). One of the bedside lamps did not work in our room, but we didn't go to HK to read in the room anyway.
I had to pay for wifi, but I got a high speed connection (charged by the hour). There was free wifi access at the breakfast area. Good enough for checking emails using my phone.
Location-wise, it is close to everything. There is a nearby money changer, a 7-11 and it was a couple of blocks away from Nathan Rd. There is also a McDonalds and a grocery store about a block away.
We spent most of our time outside the hotel, and only crashed after our tour, so the accomodations suited our needs. Not that fancy, but able to provide a decent bed to sleep in. All in all it was an ok stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silka Seaview, Hong Kong is situated in Yau Ma Tei, one of the most vibrant districts of Hong Kong. The hotel has 268 well-designed guest rooms to provide all the comforts of home. Just a footstep away from Yau Ma Tei MTR Station and right next to the Temple Street Market and Jade Market, the hotel's prime location provides unrivaled access to the busy commercial and entertainment life of the city. Complimentary in-town shuttle bus service is available, and the hotel offers the best value for money and a perfect accommodation for travellers on a budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Hotel.de, HRS, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Silka Seaview Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dorsett Seaview Hong Kong
- Hotel Dorsett Seaview
- Silka Seaview Hotel Hong Kong