“Wow”
Review of Conrad Hong Kong

Conrad Hong Kong
Ranked #22 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Great location, views, food.
Had a room on the executive floor overlooking the mountain, but in the lounge had harbour views. The lounge was quite nice, the employees really went out of their way to take care of you.
Room is quite nice, large, with a great bathroom. I found the bed to be way to soft, but you can order different pillows.
Took the airport express, then bus to hotel. Used the airport express upon return as well, which was nice due to the City Check in.
Use the MTR to get around, nice to be connected to Pacfic Place.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank windycityf

Reviewed 11 February 2012

Stayed 4 nights and was extremely pleased overall. Neighboring JW Marriott is also excellent but I give a slight edge to Conrad.

PROS:

-room upgrade: as a Hilton Diamond member, was upgraded to executive level room this time as well as my previous visit last year. Not a harbor view room, but Peak view was just fine.

-complimentary full breakfast for Diamonds: your choice of the executive lounge or the Garden Cafe in the lower lobby. While the lounge offerings are more than adequate, the Garden Cafe is an incredible spread of Chinese and western cuisine. A no-brainer decision-- go downstairs to the Cafe.

-fitness center: spacious, good cardio machines with TV's, luxurious locker room

-wireless HSIA: good speed, free to Gold and Diamonds.

-room: nice layout, big by HK standard, large safe, nice TV with good # of channels, daily fruit plate

-bathroom: double sink, tv, separate tub and shower, toilet "closet", abundant counter space

--service: quite prompt with requests. Very friendly at check-in, Cafe, gym, and Exec lounge

-location: convenient to MTR, free van shuttle to Airport Express Station, connected to Pacific place shopping mall, which is in turn connected to numerous buildings by covered walkway that takes you to Central in about a 15 min walk

--Cafe de Coral and their famous baked pork chop over rice ($4 usd) in a food mall above the Admiralty MTR stop, right across from Pacific Place..

CONS (nitpicking):

-has wired Ethernet cable (connected to wall) on desk in room, but it doesn't work. Notified front desk, who sent a new cable, still didn't work. Never got fixed during stay.

-room temp: difficult to heat room.

-no self-service beverages in Exec lounge: unlike the more casual Concierge Lounge at the JW Marriott, the lounge here has tuxedoed attendants serving all your drinks. The nightly canapes selection is much more limited than the JW.

--analog programming on a HDTV: a pet peeve of mine. Like, why bother getting the nice Samsung?

--cannot check room charges/folio on the room's TV menu. I've never seen this in a full-service hotel in the US.

--mini-fridge stocked with hotel's beverages: nuke the beverages and leave an empty fridge. US hotels have done this for several years now.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PDXBigGuy
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Stayed 2 days in early January, arriving by air then taxi to the hotel. It is a landmark on the Hong Kong side so easy to find! Even though our room was booked on Hilton Honors Points we were upgraded to an Executive Floor with meal privileges. Room was on floor 58 facing the mountains, very green and lush. Nice large room with comfy king bed we expect from Hilton. Nice Nespresso pod coffee maker in room, plenty of space and a clean functional bathroom with shower, tub and TV. Breakfast lounge on floor 59 faced the Harbor...spectacular view. Great service throughout the hotel with accurate, English speaking Concierge Desk. Only disappointment was the gym on a lower level with no windows or view. Outdoor pool looked nice but was too cool to use. The hotel is located above large and open Pacific Place mall with many shops and restaurants, also a short walk outside to lovely Hong Kong Park. A great place to stay in bustling Hong Kong!

Room Tip: Choose mountain view facing the lush green hills behind Hong Kong or harbor view facing Victoria Har...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank emkolb
Reviewed 1 February 2012

This is the letter I sent to them and never heard back......they cleary lack customer service.

My husband and I stayed at the Conrad on Jan 15-18 along with another couple, who also happen to be Hilton Honors members. I have to say that I was unimpressed with the service that we received during our stay with you.. The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful and the food we had at the buffet was very delicious, however the service ruined the stay for us.

The second night we were there we had plans to go to dinner at Nobu and I had to get ready before our dinner reservation. When I went to use the hair dryer I discovered that the electricity in our room had stopped working. I called maintenance and was told that it would take an hour to repair the electricity....I didnt have an hour, our reservation was in 45 minutes. I asked if I could use another room for the hair dryer and they said no. I hoped that they would let me at least be able to dry my hair, but they did not. Luckily we had friends also staying at the hotel so I used their room.

The next morning we went to the buffet to get breakfast. I was very impressed with the spread and variety of food it was delicious. We ordered 4 coke lights for our group, and when our server came back we brought a bill. Unbeknownst to us, coke was not included in the buffet. It was $42 for 4 coke lights. When my husband asked our server why we werent informed that this wasnt part of the buffet he threw a fit. The buffet manager then came over and looked us and said " you no want, we take away". He then proceeded to call our server over and take away our coke lights. What kind of service is that? Not only were we not informed that the coke was extra, but then they tried to charge us $42 for it? To top it off they then took them away? That is extremely poor service, especially for a hotel chain that has a reputation for customer service.

Our original plan was to stay at the Hotel Shagri La, but since we are Honors members we decided to give the Conrad a try. Both my husband and the other gentlemen who was with us travel a lot for work. In fact we are starting to do business in Hong Kong, and would have loved to recommend the Conrad. Unfortunately, due to how we were treated, we will not be able to give a good recommendation for this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank laura d
Reviewed 31 January 2012

i stayed at Conrad Hong Kong on the last night of my trip in Hong Kong. I took the train from Mong Kok. Just follow the hotel sign once you get off at Admiralty station. The hotel sign is spotted very easily. Onced checked in, a lady brought a set of welcome tea to the room. Very refreshing, especially after walking from the MTR.

Victoria Peak is walking distance from Conrad Hong Kong. Besides, you can board the tram just outside the shopping mall underneath the hotel. If you're into local breakfast, just stroll for about 10-15 minutes and you will arrive at Johnston Road. Pick any of the coffee shop. They are all equally good. Once you have your breakfast, just walk along the main road and experience the daily life of the local people.

There is a complimentary pick up at Conrad hong Kong to bring you to Hong Kong MTR station for the express train to the airport. Conrad HK is the 2nd stop. So, you can have a little tour around HK island. If you're on business, just grab a taxi. It'll be quicker that way.

Staff are friendly and welcoming. They are helpful in giving information about where to go and what to do as well as what to eat. The room is spacious and the bed is very comfortable, especially after a long walk around the city. I would love to stay in Conrad when I'm back to HK again!

Room Tip: Room facing the harbour
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family