New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #12 of 703 Hotels in Hong Kong
Melbourne, Australia
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

The first time I went to HK I was 18 and stayed at a nice affordable hotel near Nathan Road (The Kimberley Hotel)...I had a local Hongkonger friend who showed my around the city for a month and just loved it!...I still remember the first time she took my to Victoria Harbour and showed my the InterContinental Hotel...I kept thinking: Wow that hotel must have an incredible view of the harbour......3 years went by and I had the chance to go back to HK and of course, I decided to book a room at the ICHK.......it was the best decision I could've taken!!.... Once I arrived they escorted me to my room to do my checkin, which was fast and very efficient (as everything seems to be in HK).....the room was nice and spacious...i had a nice fruit basket ..a great TV...and OMG the view I had always wanted hehe the harbour in front of me with all the modern buildings of HK island.....can't wait to go back

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank travelwithdino
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (874)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

OK so I've stayed at a few hotels in my time. Check out my profile I tell it how it is. And right now I can honestly say ICHK has been in my entire hotel staying life, the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Period.
Why you are asking?
Yep it could do with a minor renovation of little minor things like doors in the bathroom or the brass balustrades but those irrelevant things aside if there were a sixth star to rate a hotel, this one would get it.
Where do I start? There is so much I have to bullet point otherwise you will think I was paid to write this, which I certainly have not been.
- checkin. Personalised professional and the utmost of service offered by guest relations.
- the room. HK is known for small rooms because of the cost of land. My home back in Australia was half the size of the room. If you do get the chance please look at staying in the Deluxe Suite. You will not be disappointed. If you are, you're too hard to please.
- butler available on pressing any one of the three buzzers in the room.
- Bose sound system with iPod dock.
- 7 full size windows, lounge, dining, office, seperate huge bedroom, and a bathroom with a jacuzzi that could 4 overlooking the harbour.
- buffet breakfast, I wish my stomach was bigger
- in room dining was certainly reasonable cost and a perfect way to watch symphony of lights without being in the crowds
On returning to the hotel one nightie was raining and we had no umbrellas. A staff member came running to us with one each so that we would not get wet. Respect.
- the pool. Oh my god. I could write a review on my pool experience alone but I don't want to spoil it for you.

What I loved most about my stay here was that everything was right. They have mastered the art of accommodating guests at their hotel. It was truly a pleasurable experience staying at this hotel one that I will not forget for a long time.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank WorldOfOrder
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

When you walk through the doors of the Intercontinental in Hong Kong your breath will be taken away by the stunning views of the harbour and the iconic skyline of Hong Kong Island on the other side of the bay. This was a last minute choice and we were not disappointed. After an 18 day tour of China we were ending our stay in Hong Kong and wanted the chance to relax. This we certainly did by the stunning third floor outdoor pool with great attendants, bar and views across the bay. I do think, when booking, however, you should be told there is a major building site next door which obviously is quite noisy and doesn't look very good. That said I would still head straight back there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

Best harbor view -- for sure . Also, breakfast in the main restaurant ( overlooking the bay ), has the great selection of Continental , Chinese & Japanese foods. Fine service, friendly & delicious.
See if you can get and room & breakfast deal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upgrade.. You never know ?
Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Thomas H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

Took the red urban taxi from the airport (about HK$220). Hotel staff are friendly, professional, and do anything to make your stay absolutly perfect. Victoria Harbor view is unobstructed. 5 minute walk to star ferry terminal. Subway station right in front of hotel. Currency exchanged at the front desk. The building is very well maintained and clean. Shopping mall is closed tho as they are doing construction. But there is shopping near the star ferry terminal.

Honestly if you're on vacation you may as well do it right, make it one to remember, and stay in a nice hotel like the InterContinental.

• Stayed May 2012