First trip to HK and very impressed with how easy it is to get around / in from airport / on to hotel - great first impressions. Not such a good impression when at check-in we were strongly encouraged to "deposit" 4,000 HK $ to cover 4 days "spend" in the hotel...!! Needless to say, we didn't hand it over (and didn't spend anything in the hotel - just too expensive!). This "deposit" was in lieu of swiping a credit card, because we don't use credit cards and apparently they prefer not to accept debit cards as their system will take some cash and it can take a while to get it back if you don't spend it during your stay...
The hotel itself was lovely and in a great location slightly away from the full on buzz of most of HK - but with more than enough places to eat / shop etc in the local vicinity if you couldn't be bothered to take the very good (free) hotel shuttle bus downtown.
As other reviewers have said, do go for a harbour view room - after all - it's probably what you came all that way for! Try and get on a breakfast inclusive deal because it really was great - absolutely everything to choose from.
Brits beware! it wasn't just the hotel that was expensive, small beer 5 or 6 quid, std Starbucks about a third more than at home.. You take plenty dollar!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Harbour Grand Kowloon is a deluxe five-star hotel situated on the Victoria Harbour waterfront and in the heart of the vibrant Whampoa Shopping district with over 300 local shops. The Hotel is just a few steps from MTR Whampoa Station, Exit D2 (scheduled to open on October 23, 2016) travelling to major tourist destinations such as Temple Street at Jordan and Ladies Market at Mong Kok, and eight minutes away from the bustling Tsimshatsui by Hotel shuttle bus available every 20 minutes. The ferry to North point is just footsteps away where all local attractions and entertainment on Hong Kong Island are within reach. With most of the hotel’s public area enjoying the spectacular harbour views, hotel features 555 beautifully appointed rooms and suites, six restaurants, certified Halal food available (advance order is required), a rooftop glass-framed swimming pool, a deluxe fitness centre with fully equipped gym facilities available 24 hours daily; sauna, steam bath and spa services are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Ctrip TA and Agoda so you can book your Harbour Grand Kowloon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Grand Kowloon Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Harbour Plaza
- Harbour Plaza Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Grand Kowloon Hong Kong