“Convenient. Thats all.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #101 of 712 Hotels in Hong Kong
yorkshire
“Convenient. Thats all.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

Extremely convenient for those who are between flights. Reception staff slack, room average but clean. No hot water, in the evening or in the morning when we rose before a mammoth 12 hour flight onwards. I expected more for the price.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments.
We appreciate your positive ratings in regards to our location. However, we have also taken note of our shortcomings and are in the process of rectifying our deficiencies, for which we apologize.
Once again, we thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Executive Assistant Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (627)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Guangzhou, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

this hotel you should only book for the location if you really need it, and even than think twice. next time i will for sure make the hassle of taking a shuttle bus to another hotel, for this hotel is totally overpriced and really not worth it. the facilities and luxury is really overstated. the rooms are like any average 4 star hotel, really nothing special at all. in the regular rooms, there is a centralised airco system, which means you cannot regulate the temperature in your room. since the airco was freezing, i had to call 3 times before they brought me a small heater that made a noise like in your grandmothers camper, ridiculous. than there is the internet hassle. ofcourse you need to pay extra, since they try to rip you off at each step in this hotel. it took me again 4 times calling till the internet finally worked. not really a good rest since i had to arrange all this crap. than there is only 2 good sockets in the room, which is far not enough for a modern business traveller, really crazy. so again had to call the concierge, and again 3 times till they understood that i needed extra sockets. so finally after 3 hours trouble i had all i needed, a normal room temperature, internet, and some extra sockets. than due to a customer's appointment i had to stay an extra night in this hotel. i could not stay in the same room for some reason, so i had to move. the bellboy that helped me move my stuff yelled at me that i could not take the heater and the extra sockets with me, i had to call the concierge from the other floor and ask it all again there. i was so angry that i carried the heater myself. than he finally helped me taking it to the other room. settled in the other room, again 3 times calling to get the internet up. on the checkout, i was charged 2 times internet cost since i had used 2 laptops. never ever again this hotel, anywhere but here next time.
Hotel Feature Tip: Take the shuttle bus to another hotel, best tip I have.

1 Thank BeNeLuxSoloFemale
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your constructive comments with us. We regret to hear that we could not meet with your legitimate expectation and we apologize for our shortcomings.

After receipt of your constructive comments, concerned department heads and associates were briefed and trained on our service in all aspects to our guests especially to valuable guests like you.
In addition, we have also taken note of your other comments on the power sockets, temperature control as well as the wireless internet connection and have started to improve and upgrade our guestrooms in phase.

I sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences caused and would appreciate it if you could channel your next reservation through me directly so that I could make genuine amends personally.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Regal Airport Hotel in the future!

Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

On December I have stayed in this hotel with the group when we back from Saigon to Ulaanbaatar. This hotel is very good option if you have to stay near airport. Comparing with the Saigon's hotel it has very big and clean room, beds were comfortable. Breakfast was perfect.

Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at the Regal Airport Hotel.

We appreciate your compliments on our service, room facilities and our location. It is our pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to explore more of our services and facilities.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

The hotel is very conveniently located next to the HK Airport and is a direct 5 minutes walk through a covered corridor.
Disappointed at the rooms as it looks old and unclean especially in the bathroom area.
Actually had coffee stains in the cups of the room also.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us.

We appreciate your recommendation of our hotel and location.

We have also taken note of your comment about the cleanliness of the room and we will pay much more attention to this aspect in order to maintain our standard. In addition, we are in the process of upgrading our guestrooms by phases.

Looking forward to welcoming you back and serving you better in the future!

Manchester
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Lost count of the number of times i have stayed at this hotel but i can say with honesty that this is the first time i have ever had a problem, regardless of that people need to know.

Upon arrival i was allocated room 1148 on the club floor, bags arrived as planned and all was well, logged on to check my emails but the Wireless didnt work, rang the club reception to ask and was told to bring my iPad down and they would get it working, that i did and true to her word the lovely lady got it working. Backi n in my room it stopped working again....rang the reception and was invited down again, again she got it working...back to room....stopped working. This time i asked the recptionist to come to my room to fix but she explained she couldnt leave the desk. After another visit she told me that the wireless sometime did not work in 1148 as it was out of range, she explained i should use the ethernet cable. After explaining that the ethernet cable wont work on a iPad i was tyold she could do nothing for me as all the rooms were booked.

I left the iPad problem and eventually went to bed, only when all the lights and television were closed down and silence fell on the room did i notice the worlds worst form of torture...drip..drip..drip, I got up to look round but for the life of me could not find out where the dripping noise was coming from, eventually after using my earphones on noise reduction mode i was able to get to sleep...but sleeping in headphones aint the best, after a restless night I woke to open the curtains and tadaa.....the dripping showed its ugly face, in between the outer window and the inner window it was pouring in, I advised reception and she said someone from housekeeping would come...they never did.

As i was checking out later that day i decided not to make a fuss about it as i would be leaving soon. I was made aware at 5.30 that my flight had been delayed, I rang the reception to ask about the possibilty of being able to check out at 8pm and not 6 pm, I was told i could at a price of HKD 1650, thats HKD 825 per hour, the reason given was that the hotel was full and my room was booked. I explained that the room still had the leak and was not in a fit state but it all fell on deaf ears. What puzzles me is how could i pay the extra money to stay the extra hours if the room was already booked ????

The other thing to note is that they have installed a coffee machine in each room which they give you 1 pod for, its makes approx 1/4 of the cup they give you to use, if you want more you have to ring reception, even then they can only give you 1 at a time, useless if you want a morning cup of coffee.

After being treated this way i think i would try the new marriot at the airport for my future trips..

1 Thank burnsy133
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We regret to hear that your expectation was not met and we apologize for any shortcomings.

Immediately after receiving your constructive comments, concerned department heads and associates were briefed and trained on our service in all aspects to our guests especially to frequent valuable guests like you.
In addition, we have also taken note of your other comments on the water dripping as well as the wireless internet connection and will make rectifications accordingly. I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Please feel free to contact me directly for future reservations and I will be delighted to personally look after your well-being.