“A room with a view (and a weather system)”

Regal Airport Hotel
Ranked #96 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Lost count of the number of times i have stayed at this hotel but i can say with honesty that this is the first time i have ever had a problem, regardless of that people need to know.

Upon arrival i was allocated room 1148 on the club floor, bags arrived as planned and all was well, logged on to check my emails but the Wireless didnt work, rang the club reception to ask and was told to bring my iPad down and they would get it working, that i did and true to her word the lovely lady got it working. Backi n in my room it stopped working again....rang the reception and was invited down again, again she got it working...back to room....stopped working. This time i asked the recptionist to come to my room to fix but she explained she couldnt leave the desk. After another visit she told me that the wireless sometime did not work in 1148 as it was out of range, she explained i should use the ethernet cable. After explaining that the ethernet cable wont work on a iPad i was tyold she could do nothing for me as all the rooms were booked.

I left the iPad problem and eventually went to bed, only when all the lights and television were closed down and silence fell on the room did i notice the worlds worst form of torture...drip..drip..drip, I got up to look round but for the life of me could not find out where the dripping noise was coming from, eventually after using my earphones on noise reduction mode i was able to get to sleep...but sleeping in headphones aint the best, after a restless night I woke to open the curtains and tadaa.....the dripping showed its ugly face, in between the outer window and the inner window it was pouring in, I advised reception and she said someone from housekeeping would come...they never did.

As i was checking out later that day i decided not to make a fuss about it as i would be leaving soon. I was made aware at 5.30 that my flight had been delayed, I rang the reception to ask about the possibilty of being able to check out at 8pm and not 6 pm, I was told i could at a price of HKD 1650, thats HKD 825 per hour, the reason given was that the hotel was full and my room was booked. I explained that the room still had the leak and was not in a fit state but it all fell on deaf ears. What puzzles me is how could i pay the extra money to stay the extra hours if the room was already booked ????

The other thing to note is that they have installed a coffee machine in each room which they give you 1 pod for, its makes approx 1/4 of the cup they give you to use, if you want more you have to ring reception, even then they can only give you 1 at a time, useless if you want a morning cup of coffee.

After being treated this way i think i would try the new marriot at the airport for my future trips..

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank burnsy133
RAH_HK, Manager at Regal Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We regret to hear that your expectation was not met and we apologize for any shortcomings.

Immediately after receiving your constructive comments, concerned department heads and associates were briefed and trained on our service in all aspects to our guests especially to frequent valuable guests like you.
In addition, we have also taken note of your other comments on the water dripping as well as the wireless internet connection and will make rectifications accordingly. I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Please feel free to contact me directly for future reservations and I will be delighted to personally look after your well-being.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

But if you are here to visit city , its around 100HKD and 40 mins away via express train.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for recommending our hotel for our location and easy access to the airport.
We thank you for sharing your experience with the public and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stayed here one night on my way from Manila to Thailand and it did its job in that all I wanted was a shower, 7 hours sleep in a well air-conditioned room, another shower and then to leave for my next flight and that's what I got.

It is about a ten minute walk from the arrivals at Hong Kong airport and really not well sign posted, I found a Regal Hotel desk and they gave me a map, it only as you get very close there are a lot of signs, you really need them earlier since airport workers didn't seem to know where it is. Check in was thankfully reasonably swift but surprisingly busy at 9.30pm at night. They tried to tell me they had no rooms left with double beds but as soon as I said "well that's kinda what I paid for" they found one. The rooms are quite basic, very similar in feel to some UK budget chain hotels where you might pay £40 to £60 a night. If it wasn't that I completely considered I am mostly paying for convenience and I was so hot, tired and sweaty then I might have felt ripped off at £140 for a few hours in there.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank lee_bear

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience and your comment is important to us.
In fact, after careful review of your constructive and valuable comments, we have made plans to improve in the areas you mentioned, including but not limited to upgrading of our guestrooms by phases.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

If you are doing a long haul and want a lovely and yet convenient location to stay this is it. The hotel is adjoined to the airport (not airside) so its a very short walk and you're there. We used Club facilities so the rooms were spacious. The hotel was very clean. Staff are great, there's several restaurants within the hotel with heat food. If you want to go into the city centre you catch the train from the airport terminal at minimal cost, so all on all it's very convenient. There is a great spa on site if you've a weary body. This would always be my first choice of location while having a short stop over.

• Stayed: May 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comment with us.

We are pleased to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us and we are grateful that you recommended our award winning OM Spa, which offers an extensive range of spa and massage treatments.

We sincerely hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 April 2012 via mobile

Great location but your gonna pay for it. Credit card machines didn't work for myself or 5 other guest. I paid cash in by doing that they actually sent attended to lock the minibar/snack area in your room. For what you get it seemed very expensive, and is no better quality than you would find at say a holiday inn or marriott. The bar was expensive, but overall the inconvenience of having to go somewhere else was worth the expense.

• Stayed: March 2012
RAH_HK, General Manager at Regal Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience and for complementing our location.
We usually require a deposit to be paid for incidental expenses such as minibar consumptions. Such deposit can be made in cash or in form of a credit card guarantee.
May we recommend you to experience our happy hour at China Coast Bar & Grill? We recently introduced authentic Italian flatbread pizzas and a wide variety of Tapas.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Regal Airport Hotel in the future.

Alexander Haeusler