“Convenience for airport but expensive for the quality of the rooms”

Regal Airport Hotel
Ranked #103 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
New York City, New York
“Convenience for airport but expensive for the quality of the rooms”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stayed here one night on my way from Manila to Thailand and it did its job in that all I wanted was a shower, 7 hours sleep in a well air-conditioned room, another shower and then to leave for my next flight and that's what I got.

It is about a ten minute walk from the arrivals at Hong Kong airport and really not well sign posted, I found a Regal Hotel desk and they gave me a map, it only as you get very close there are a lot of signs, you really need them earlier since airport workers didn't seem to know where it is. Check in was thankfully reasonably swift but surprisingly busy at 9.30pm at night. They tried to tell me they had no rooms left with double beds but as soon as I said "well that's kinda what I paid for" they found one. The rooms are quite basic, very similar in feel to some UK budget chain hotels where you might pay £40 to £60 a night. If it wasn't that I completely considered I am mostly paying for convenience and I was so hot, tired and sweaty then I might have felt ripped off at £140 for a few hours in there.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank lee_bear
RAH_HK, Manager at Regal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience and your comment is important to us.
In fact, after careful review of your constructive and valuable comments, we have made plans to improve in the areas you mentioned, including but not limited to upgrading of our guestrooms by phases.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Jaime Aromin
Executive Assistant Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (658)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2012

If you are doing a long haul and want a lovely and yet convenient location to stay this is it. The hotel is adjoined to the airport (not airside) so its a very short walk and you're there. We used Club facilities so the rooms were spacious. The hotel was very clean. Staff are great, there's several restaurants within the hotel with heat food. If you want to go into the city centre you catch the train from the airport terminal at minimal cost, so all on all it's very convenient. There is a great spa on site if you've a weary body. This would always be my first choice of location while having a short stop over.

• Stayed May 2011
RAH_HK, Manager at Regal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comment with us.

We are pleased to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us and we are grateful that you recommended our award winning OM Spa, which offers an extensive range of spa and massage treatments.

We sincerely hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Kind regards,

Jaime Aromin
Executive Assistant Manager
Memphis
Reviewed 23 April 2012 via mobile

Great location but your gonna pay for it. Credit card machines didn't work for myself or 5 other guest. I paid cash in by doing that they actually sent attended to lock the minibar/snack area in your room. For what you get it seemed very expensive, and is no better quality than you would find at say a holiday inn or marriott. The bar was expensive, but overall the inconvenience of having to go somewhere else was worth the expense.

• Stayed March 2012
RAH_HK, General Manager at Regal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience and for complementing our location.
We usually require a deposit to be paid for incidental expenses such as minibar consumptions. Such deposit can be made in cash or in form of a credit card guarantee.
May we recommend you to experience our happy hour at China Coast Bar & Grill? We recently introduced authentic Italian flatbread pizzas and a wide variety of Tapas.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Regal Airport Hotel in the future.

Normal, Illinois
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Excellent hotel right inside the HKG airport. Best to see the take off landings from the window if you nothing to do at all. Food at its best. Staff tries to do the best they can. Just cross the customs and take a left turn and you are in the lobby of the hotel. No need to go to the city for a short business trip. Hotel also has transport facility to mainland china and manufacturing hubs in guangzhou.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending our hotel for our unique location and easy access to the airport terminals. Hotel guests can indeed take a dedicated coach at the airport station to major cities in Guangdong Province.

We appreciate your comment about our food and encourage you to experience our award-winning Chinese restaurants Rouge and Dragon Inn.

We thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Shenzhen, Shekou
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I had an early flight but was also traveling to Guangzhou on the night before so I arrived quite late at the hotel at around 10pm. I guess at that time, not many people are checking in so I was able to get my room quick. I went up and got comfortable inside while waited for my luggage from the concierge but it did not arrived for a good 30 minutes so I left to go to the airport to grab something to eat.

The Hotel's location is great being beside the airport and you can choose to eat at the restaurants below or those in the airport. The bed is huge for one person and the view facing the Marriot is interesting. The bed and sofa are clean and modern in design while the bathroom I think is outdated. I just can't get out of this because their common lobby looks very pleasant and modern so I thought when I enter my room I was expecting ultra modern facilities but was a bit disappointed. Also when I took a bath the water splashes outside of the tub hence it gets really wet on the floors so I think could be dangerous sometimes. They should invest some shower curtains for that because the glass partition isn't just not enough.

Room Tip: Ask for those rooms facing the airport, could be more interesting.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for recommending our hotel for early flights.

Our location enables our guests to maximize their durations in our hotel. This is particularly beneficial for guests with a short transit time.

For hygiene reasons, we have replaced our shower curtains with glass panels. All our rooms are equipped with bathmats to prevent guests from slipping in the bathroom.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel soon.