This was our third trip to HK and we chose this hotel due to it being part of Mandarin Oriental group (we stayed recently at MO, Singapore). We chose a room on the executive floor. This costs more but gives you an improved room and use of the executive club. Being part of this club entitles you to complimentary breakfast, lunch, evening snacks and cocktails. Also free coffee, beer and soft drinks all day. In other words much more than the upgrade cost. On checking in we were offered an upgrade to a suite for $400HK per day. Fantastic value for an very large room and separate living room and kitchen. A few extra goodies were delivered to the room. The location of the hotel, overlooking Victoria Harbour to Kowloon is perfect. Easy access to the MTR/trams/buses a few streets away. Lots of restaurants and shops close by but, surprisingly, very few bars. The bars in the hotel are expensive but your Exec Club membership gives you 20% off drinks and food in the hotel. We ate once at the hotel's cantonese restaurant 'Yee Tung Heen' and it was excellent.
Downside of the hotel is that it is fairly old with rather brutal architecture. The rooms are slightly dated but very clean. The bathroom is very small with a difficult to control shower over the bath. Whilst that was quirky it did not bother us too much. All in all, a very good hotel with extremely pleasant and helpful staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Causeway Bay, the shopping centre of Hong Kong Island, The Excelsior, Hong Kong is only a five-minute drive from the city's central business district and 40 minutes by MTR from Hong Kong International Airport. The hotel features five exclusive Executive Floors with a private lounge, a fully equipped business centre, a state-of-the-art Fitness Centre featuring advanced fitness equipment and dedicated spa facilities, as well as extensive meeting and banquet facilities. Every guestroom is equipped with a free smartphone with unlimited Internet access, complimentary local and international calls to five countries. Perfect for business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Excelsior, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Excelsior, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
- Excelsior Hotel Hong Kong
- Excelsior Hong Kong