We stayed at the Mandarin Oriental for 4 nights over Easter to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary and have to say that the service we experienced made it a trip to remember. At check-in we were upgraded to a Harbour Room on the 19th floor and were taken up to our room by the charming young man who checked us in. He showed us the room facilities then returned with a complimentary tray of tea, just perfect after a 12 hour flight. A little later, champagne and chocolates arrived as a gift from the management! We sat at our harbour view window in our bathrobes sipping champagne and really relaxed! We ordered room service as we were too tired to go out - it was very prompt and wonderfully presented. The housekeeping service was excellent - even placing Mandarin Oriental bookmarks in our paperbacks on the bedside tables to replace our tattered boarding card stubs! and placing MO slippers on little mats beside the bed at night. I loved the bathroom, especially the TV screen inside the revolving mirror so you could watch TV from the bath, the shower or the loo :) The breakfast buffet was also excellent with an extensive range of fresh fruit on offer as well as the usual cereals, pastries, breads and a hot food selection; the coffee was good and strong! We had a drink at the M bar one evening and had a great view of the light show, along with a couple of young families who popped in to watch the lights but didn't bother with the drinks! As we were staying over the Easter weekend, we came back to our room on the Saturday to find a beautiful chocolate easter chick atop a box of chocolates, and complete with a chocolate eggshell and a row of little sugar coated eggs with different chocolate truffle fillings - so delicious. I would say that the MO is certainly the best hotel I have ever stayed in - the room and facilities were excellent and the level of service puts most other places in the shade. I would love to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is the epitome of contemporary luxury combined with Oriental heritage. Having delighted guests with award-winning service and impressive facilities for over 50 years, it is the much-loved address for those seeking an exclusive sanctuary in the heart of this exciting city. The spacious rooms and suites offer magnificent views of the famous Victoria Harbour and the city skyline. A collection of ten outstanding restaurants and bars, including three with Michelin stars, and a Shanghainese-inspired holistic spa, indoor pool and 24-hour fitness centre, make Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong the recognised home away from home for discerning leisure and business travellers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Mandarin Oriental