“All about location”

Ranked #101 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
BKK
“All about location”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

The Holiday Inn Golden Mile is located on Nathan Road, famous shopping area in Hong Kong. It's really convenient for us as we went there for whole Island sale on July which found many shops nearby are on sale.

I Square and K11 are just stoned throw from the hotel, I really love The Art Mall "K11" which contained numerous of creative stuffs also my favourite brand : Onitsuka Tiger! :)

Closed to Tsim Sha Tsui Station is a plus for the hotel, easy access to majority tourism places.

The service is up to the standard of Holiday Inn, staffs are very friendly!

Will be back again soon!

Room Tip: High floor only!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Nothing to cry home about but the location is excellent. I was able to walk late at night to enjoy my dining experience it was so centrally located. The hotel seems soooo busy all the time. Unlike other holiday inns I stayed in before, the front desk staff didnt seem so friendly. And for Americans that never stayed at a Holiday Inn outside of the country, this is compared to your four diamond hotels in the States...its way nicer than the ones in the US. I've stayed at two other HI in the past including Australia an enjoyed it.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Vancouver Island
Reviewed 7 August 2012

The reception is crazy at times, far too many people checking in. However, after you get to your room very all very quiet. Rooms small, but high level of cleaning. Executive club staff very good, food and drink generous. Buffet Breakfast also very generous Easy location. Health club equipment new. I'd stay here again for a few days. .

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Nagpur, India
Reviewed 31 July 2012

The Holiday Inn Golden Mile is situated in the best locales of Hong Kong. This is situated on the Nathan Road very near the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR Station and the famous Victoria Harbour in Kowloon and the Star Ferry is just 5 minutes away. This hotel is situated at a place in Tsim Sha Tsui district which is the centre of all activities of Kowloon.

As a privilege member of the ICHotels group I got a room upgrade, free internet, welcome drink and a fruit basket. The rooms are great and the service of the staff is quite responsive but not to the mark as I will explain below.
As I was on a business trip, the conference was held at the hotel itself. The hotel is managed very meticulously and the conference went out without a glitch. They have a huge halls to accommodate almost a 700 to 1000 people. The wonderful banquet was managed very well.

I have a small complaint against the staff of the hotel as I found they were misinformed about the local events and the transportation. Fortunately or unfortunately it was the 15th anniversary of the Chinese takeover when I was there and I was very excited at the anticipation to see Hu Zintao who was attending the celebrations in HK. Just beside the hotel at the Victoria harbour were all the fireworks took place. I was allowed a late check - out from the hotel that evening but because of the rush of the 15th year celebrations at the Victoria Harbour every road to Tsim sha tsui and the MTR Station was blocked.

I had an International flight to catch and had to rush to the airport, the hotel staff was not at all helpful they feigned ignorance abiut the transport available and did not even direct me anywhere or helped me get any taxi or to the underground train.

I had to walk to the Sheraton Hotel (which is about 500 mts away) tagging all my luggage where the helpful staff directed me to take the Airport Express and helped me buy a ticket. One of their staff helped me to find my way to the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR Station in the mad rush and after changing 4 lines (mistaking I took one wrong train) I was at the airport in time for my flight.

Just staying in a good hotel with an uninformed and unhelpful staff is of no use, but the hotel is located at a great place close to the Victoria harbour which has overshadowed my stay there.

Room Tip: Please check out on the local events/happenings when you plan to visit and stay at places situated l...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Harshawardhan
HI_Golden_Mile, at Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Dear Harshawardhan,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are glad to hear that overall you had an enjoyable stay while attending the conference at our hotel.

We are very sorry to hear about your experience upon departure. We would like to sincerely apologize for such a lapse in our service standard, as our staff members failed to provide the assistance and information needed. I wish to assure you that this is not normally the case. Your complaint is duly noted and has been addressed with the team.

Thank you for being a loyal Priority Club member and we hope to see you again.

Best regards,
Holiday Inn Golden Mile
United States
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We enjoyed our stay here the second time around. We stayed here a few years ago and had a great stay then. I was concerned that perhaps the place will be worn down but it was just as nice as our first time there.

We again took the airport bus A21 and the bus stop is just a little after the hotel on your left. There were a lot of people to maneuver but this is Hong Kong and was to be expected. Check in was fast and got free vouchers for free drinks and a 20% coupon at their restaurant for being a priority club member. Speaking of priority club, we used our points to stay here which was great and I think a better bang for the points because it’s not cheap staying in Hong Kong especially with a great location as the HI-Golden Mile.

The room was clean and large for Hong Kong standards and had a bathroom with two free bottled water and all the amenities, free shoe shine, nice robe, a safe and two double beds. Anyway, I noticed that the shower curtain smelled like mildew and called about it and was replaced in less than five minutes. Anyway, two double bed rooms are very hard to find in Hong Kong. They usually have a king or queen or two single beds and that does not work for my family. I think YMCA on Salisbury Rd has bunk beds (great location too) and the Marriott close to the airport has two doubles or even queen beds. There were a few more hotels that has two double/queen but they don’t have the best location.

We used our free drinks in their restaurant overlooking Nathan Rd and had high tea and love to be able to relax while watching the hustle and bustle outside the hotel window.

We had such a great experience at the restaurant and their high tea that we went again. This time one of the waiters was so rude to us though, I think his name was David. He seemed to accommodate certain people KWIM and would not sit us to an unreserved table near the window which we were seated a few days before. He said that we needed to be out of there by 6pm because they had lots of reservations. IT WAS BEFORE 4PM!!! We ordered their high tea special and he told us that it was not available. I wanted a relaxing afternoon break and this waiter was giving us a hard time and made sure we were there before it was over. I was starting to get upset and the head waitress that served us last time noticed and accommodated us and we were happy , she was great and treated us well. She should fire that guy that treated us like a second-class citizen. I should have reported that guys behavior to the hotel manager. Other than the SOB waiter, the staff at this hotel were wonderful, too bad it was soured by one person.

Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Anoini2
Dear Anoini2,

Thank you for returning to the Holiday Inn Golden Mile, we are glad that once again you found our spacious two double beds room to your liking.

We are sorry to hear about your unpleasant encounter with one of our team members. We apologize as it does not meet our commitment of making each guest feel valued and at home. We are relieved to know that our manager was able to make it up to you in time. Please be assured that we will follow up and make sure our service is consistent, so you can enjoy the same great experience every time you visit us.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to regaining your confidence in us on your next visit.

Best Regards,