“Sam's is the Best”

California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Sam's is the Best”
Reviewed 17 March 2017

I've been going to Sam's the better part of 17 years, and every time i am there i am reminded about why i come back. The attention to detail, the service, the energy, the options, the cool factor of having a bespoke tailored clothing, everything about Sam's is great. Sam and his son, Roshan, are great people and i feel like they give their level best every time to make sure i come away ecstatic with the end result. So far that they've succeeded every time. My wife has even had a dress made there and was extremely pleased.

2 Thank us_LN
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I will never purchase another suit from anyone else. Sam's is the best!”
Reviewed 16 March 2017

Tons of top quality fabrics to choose from. Went in on 3/13 and had my bespoke suit and shirt by 4pm on 3/16. Everything fit perfectly and the service was amazing. If you are in Hong Kong this is the place to get your custom suits and shirts made. Also, once they have your measurements they can make anything else you require and ship it to your door.

2 Thank Chad D
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“AMAZING Tailor”
Reviewed 11 March 2017

If you are looking for quality, professionalism, perfection then stop searching here. Sam's Tailor is the BEST. There is a reason why Sam's does not have to have a guy on the streets of Hong Kong handing out cards and pushing customers into their shop.

7 US Presidents have had suits made here; multiple dignitaries, and the shop walls are filled with photos of celebrities and the Who's who on planet earth!!

Roshan is amazing, attentive, and absolutely professional.

We stopped to have a couple suits made on recommendation and it was more than just getting suits. It was an amazing experience of our Hong Kong trip.

Their tailors are outstanding with thousands of fabric choices. After 36 hours, the suits were ready and PERFECT. So perfect that I opted for a 3rd suit and a fun sports jacket that Roshan and I designed together. His sense of style is amazing and the suits fit as if they were molded for your body.

Don't stop with suits either. I ended up getting 6 shirts that fit better than any shirt I've ever bought in my many many years of travel.

Bottom line, this is THE place to get suits in Hong Kong.

2 Thank kcochie
Makati, Philippines
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Read the Terrible Reviews first. Poor Customer Service. Suit Didn't Arrive In Time.”
Reviewed 10 March 2017

Note: I have all the documents, emails and phone logs saved as reference, in case you would like to know more. This is the first time I'm writing a terrible review on TripAdvisor, so I want to make sure that everyone who reads this understands where I'm coming from, and why I strongly believe that going to this establishment is a huge mistake.

I had an overseas function to attend this coming weekend, so I went around looking for a rush suit order in the TST area. last Saturday The better-ranked shops gave me caveats about my expectations. Maybe I should have just listened to them and bought an off-the-rack suit.

Instead, I decided to push my luck and try Sam's. They do a good job of maintaining an act of professionalism and customer service in the store. Unfortunately, that's where it stops. I explained my predicament to the consultant assigned to me, and was told that they would ship my order on Tuesday, via DHL (I'm not based in HK), and that it would reach me by Friday. I asked about duties and was told there wouldn't be any. If you read the terrible reviews here, however, you'd see that there are indeed issues with duties, but I'm getting ahead of myself. Maybe that should have triggered warning bells, but I paid no heed. I paid for the suits, and went back for another fitting later in the day. I then hoped they'd contact me on Tuesday about my order.

Tuesday came, and I heard nothing from them. I sent an email on Wednesday. No response. I called them up on Thursday asking if I should expect my suit, or if I should just buy a ready-made one, since I had no idea what happened to my suit. The lady who answered said my consultant was on leave and that they couldn't find my order. I asked for a tracking number. They said they would call me back. They never did. So, I called back a second time. I was told they had asked HK Post for it, but couldn't find it. Why were they looking for it in HK Post, when I was told that it would be shipped via DHL, and there would be no duties if it was shipped via DHL? Did they really ship it via HK Post? Read the other terrible reviews. They are accusing one of the reviewers of not paying the duties, which is why the items were not received.

Finally got an e-mail after I called to tell me that "the boss was looking into it" and that they would advise as soon as they get the info. It's now 11PM on Friday. No word from Sam's.

Save yourself the stress, and most especially the hassle of asking for a credit card charge back, and go somewhere else.

1 Thank RomeoLJ
Taghioff, Public Relations Manager at Sam's Tailor, responded to this review, 12 March 2017
Dear Sir

We apologise for the inconvenience, but we are not in a position to pay the customs duties on your shipment. It is not our policy to pay the customs duties on shipments.

This is normal practice for almost all goods bought and sold and shipped internationally: Customs duties vary by country, and so are most often not built into the list price, and so most often are the responsibility of the receiver. This is therefore the normal expectation.

We have consulted with the team, and we certainly did not inform you otherwise. I am sorry if your expectations were not in line with this, but the norm is pretty clear as far as we can see.

Since you effectively entered into a dispute with your government by not paying the duties they require, your shipment was stopped. We cannot alter this dispute, as we are not party to it.

I do hope you manage to settle this matter, and receive the goods we made for you and couriered to you as per the agreed schedule. We are sorry to hear that your dispute prevented the goods from reaching you on time.

Warm Regards

Sam's Tailor
Brockville, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Another Satisfied Visit at Sam's Tailor”
Reviewed 9 March 2017

Further to my April 2014 review of this establishment, I returned in 2015, 2016 and more recently in February 2017. In addition of my three piece suit, my two piece linen suit, my two sport jackets and four shirts, this time I asked Roshan and his team to make me a pair of linen pants to go with my sport jackets and four new shirts. His sense of style and design never cease to amaze me. I am extremely satisfied of the work he did for me over these years. I am proud of my Sam's Tailor garments. I do not hesitate to recommend a visit if your are ever in Hong Kong. You will be harassed on Nathan Road to visit other tailor shops but to me I have found quality at Sam's and I have no desire to shop somewhere else.

Visited February 2017