““Another Whirlwind and Wonderful Experience””
Review of Sam's Tailor

Sam's Tailor
Ranked #4 of 391 Shopping in Hong Kong
Brockville, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
““Another Whirlwind and Wonderful Experience””
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Almost a year to the date, impatient from a rather difficult winter, we decided to return to Asia for a couple of weeks, this time armed with willpower and a desire to have only a couple of shirts made by Roshan and his team. Things are never that easy however! We popped into the shop on a Saturday afternoon and by late Monday afternoon we came out looking like a billion (inflation) dollars. While at Sam’s Tailor we decided to look into having linen suits made for the upcoming summer. We were not disappointed. The quality of the cloth and appearance of the suits were impeccable. At the end we ended up leaving Sam’s Tailor shop with two linen suits, two shirts and a silk/cashmere jacket. Roshan is an amazing salesman. We will be doing business with them again!
Visited March 2014

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Brockcruz
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wife loves her new Chanel suit from Sam's”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Both my wife and I picked up some great, tailor made suits from Sam's Tailors last week in a 48 hour turnaround from first being measured. Staff were very accommodating and saved us a few grand in buying the same quality from a brand store.

1 Thank samspackman
Dallas, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A must for a Hong Kong trip”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Roshan, 3rd generation of Sam's Tailor, helped my wife and I feel at home with a very comfortable experience. I had two custom suits while my wife got a beautiful dress fit perfectly to her. The prices were reasonable and I didn't feel I was getting harassed like all the tailors on the streets trying to pull you into their stores at every corner. They were also able to give us a locals feel to Hong Kong with restaurant suggestions and directions to our next destination. We went the morning of our first day which I would suggest. After an hour we had selected materials, been measured, and had time for a complimentary beer. Two other quick fittings to confirm the fit was perfect we were done, however, two stops would suffice on a quick timeline.

3 Thank TheMouses
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“way beyond expectation”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I went to Sam's Tailor on Nathan Road hoping to come away with two or three serviceable suits and a handful of shirts. What I ended up with are four suits of outstanding quality and six very beautiful shirts that cost me at least less than half of what I would have to pay in the UK.
The service from Roshan and his team, including tailor Nelson, was efficient and brilliant; steering me in the right direction and inspiring some great choices of fabric and style.
I arrived with some clear ideas of what I wanted (including screengrabs of suits I admired) and the guys managed to create suits for me every bit as striking as the pictures.
Regarding cost; be realistic. Suits are way below what you would pay for even a half-decent off the peg in the UK, but if you want quality fabric and finishes, including good buttons, linings and YKK zips, then you should not be so naive as to think they will be giving it away. I didn't bother haggling - maybe I could have chiselled a few bucks off the deal but I was happy that the price quoted was a bargain.
But the quality really is top drawer. I was in HK for four days, so we had time to do two fittings and make the sort of precise adjustments that makes all the difference between off the peg and bespoke. The stitching and attention to detail is great, even down to functional cuff buttons and various lapel designs. Roshan is a great salesman but a better tailor. Go there with confidence that your trust in him will be repaid.
For context, I usuall spend a lot of money on suits; from £3k once at Kilgour in Savile Row to the more usual 6 or 7 hundred for Dunhill or Paul Smith or Hugo Boss. The four suits from Sams are as good as any I own.

1 Thank Mattjameskelly
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Unequivocal top service”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I've had suits made both in North America and Shanghai and Sam's Tailor topped them all. Roushan, Sam's son, was a gentlemen and gave his honest professional opinion on the suits he made for me. Because he was willing to voice what style would not look good on me, I trusted his advice. The customer service was top notch.

Had 2 suits and 8 shirts made in 3 days. Will definitely recommend to friends and be back for more.

1 Thank Michalenzo