“Quick method of getting from Hong Kong to Macau”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of TurboJet

Ranked #57 of 812 things to do in Hong Kong
Melbourne, Australia
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Quick method of getting from Hong Kong to Macau”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

We used the Turbojet to travel to Macau for a day trip from Hong Kong island. We spent the little bit extra for super class tickets, which means you get to sit at the top, a large snack/smallish meal is included and you get on and off the ferry first. Strolling past all the guests on the lower deck as they wait behind a velvet rope is as close to a rock star as I am ever going to get for that price, so it was good for a giggle. The upper deck is definitely less crowded though, and we were grateful for the food when we were standing at Macau customs for three hours.

PRE-BOOK YOUR HOME TICKET WHEN YOU ARRIVE! The crows and queues are crazy of a night with all the day-trippers heading back to HK. We stupidly tried to buy our return ticket when we were done with our day's touring and ended up having to wait at the terminal for about two hours. As we had the superclass we got to wait on couches and we got on earlier, but with normal tickets the wait was even longer. This is not a criticism of the service, as they cannot help if they book out, but helpful for travellers to know.

Visited May 2011
3 Thank Elspethinnle
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

• Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“They Damaged my baggage and refuse to respond”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

I took the Ferry from Hong Kong International Airport to Macau on the 28/03. my Baggage was to meet me in Macau.

First I went to arrange tickets and one guy told me to see the female at the next desk. He seemed to be doing some paperwork or something, I stood at her counter for about 5 mins while she was sending text messages on her mobile.

The trip across was unremarkable and it wasnt long before we docked. I went and cleared passport control and waited for my baggage.

my bag (a large soft case) was at the bottom and there was a heavy box and another bag on top. once It was given to me it was apparent something was wrong. as the handle wouldnt go up.

while walking with the bag it seemed un stable (wanting to topple not wheeling straight)
when I got to the hotel I stopped to check it out and found that they had bent the internal structure of my bag.

The following day I called them and was told to email someone about it, the email bounced back as undeliverable so I emailed their general email address, that was 19 days ago, I have not had the courtesy of a reply.

If you can avoid this company please do, I took the Cotai Jet back and not only were the seats more comfortable, the service was friendlier (and they were cheaper)

Visited March 2012
Beijing, China
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“How easy is it to get from Hong Kong to/from Macau or to/from HKIA?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

We arrived in HKIA at 1645h and the next turbojet to Macau was at 1950h.
So look at the schedules to find the best connection because there are not many turbojets plying the HKIA/Macau route.
We decided to leave HKIA, go through immigration, pick up our luggages and trained to the Hong Kong train station.
From there we took a taxi to the Macau Ferry Terminal (about 10 minutes drive), bought our tickets, cleared Hong Kong exit immigration and boarded the 1830h turbojet. For HKD20 a piece of luggage, they check in your luggages for you.
Careful...water is choppy while the turbojet is berthed in terminal. But once it has moved, you will not feel the motion.
We arrive at the Macau terminal about 1930h, cleared immigration and collected our luggages.
Once at the terminal arrival lobby (1st floor), follow signs to the busses/coaches. You basically need to leave the terminal main door, go through an underground tunnel to go across the road. The hotel shuttles etc are parked across the road.
If you are luck enough to have booked with a hotel with staff at the arrival hall, then you will be accompanied to the bus!
Going back from Macau, we took the HKIA route. Booking a day or two in advance would be good because there are not many turbojets on this route. And go early to avoid the rush.
If you have tickets, go straight to the HKIA Check In counter on the second floor departure area.
They will check your boarding pass or e-tickets, passports and check-in your luggages.
Go through Macau exit immigration and you will be ushered to the turbojet.
Ours left at 1030h on the dot and we reached HKIA at 1130h.
You could pick up your luggages at the carousel or have them checked through to your connecting flights.
We picked ours and checked in to our flights.
Then you pass through security and get a HKD120 refund for each adult ticket! Not bad...
Finally you need to board a "people mover" or train to the HKIA terminal.
Give yourselves enough time because the distances a not near!
But I must say the experience was pleasant.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Fibreace380
tel aviv
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Quiet and fast ferry cruise went smoothly despite the waves.
Terminal of passengers and luggage handling is very outdated and slow.

Visited February 2012
Brisbane, Australia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Turbojet HK Airport to Macau”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

Initial service was great. The wonderful efficiency of HK airport never ceases to amaze me. Got off a flight from Sydney, straight to ticket counter, bought Super class seats which meant we could sit upstairs, had a small meal and could disembark first.
Train from terminal to ferry, all nice and easy. Boarding Turbojet easy. 50 minute ride was great (dark so could not see anything)
Trouble started once we arrived in Macau. Cleared immigration easily then went to " luggage claim" area. Had not seen our bags since we had left Brisbane early that morning! As usual the Asian people do not know how to queue so lots of jostling for position. After a short wait they wheeled in the first luggage container into a narrow corridor area. There is no carousel, they just manually unload it and ump it on the floor. Everyone was pushing and shoving to get their bags. Could not see anything.
Our bags arrived on the fourth trolley so by then a lot of the crowd had gone, thankgoodness!
Then you have to go under the road via a tunnel (there is a lift which was good as we each had a suitcase and golf bag). The hotel shuttles are all lined up on other side.

11 Thank janeastrange