“love it love it love it!”
Review of Linguini Fini

Linguini Fini
Ranked #738 of 8,222 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central
hong kong
“love it love it love it!”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

You haven't eaten a caprese salad better than what they make here even my 11 year old is asking to go back to have this salad again as they make their own mozzarella on site. I told them I loved it so much they even asked me to come in and the chefs are going to show me how to make it! All vegies are organic from the organic farm in hk as well as farm fresh hormone free meat so I always know I am eating good quality food with no msg which is hard to find in HK! We loved their spicy sausage pizza and the nose to tail ravioli and lattes are great too. We took the kids there for lunch too which was great and I believe they now serve breakfast and a great takeout menu. The service really is quite amazing for HK, they go the extra mile, particularly the matre'd Jonathan who leaves you with that feel good factor. I originally thought I would try it when I read it won best restaurant in HK voted by time out magazine last year (2011) and I certainly haven't been disappointed on the numerous occasions I have been there.

• Visited March 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
california
“Easy location, kid friendly, great homemade pastas and pizzas”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

they also have homemade salami, bresaola, sausages, meatballs. breakfasts options include french toast, LF version of eggs benedict, steak and eggs. brunch offers unlimited proseco.

• Visited April 2012
Hong Kong
“An Italian equivalent of a TGI Fridays!”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I am always interested to eat at new restaurants in HK and so I eagerly tried this one last week. The restaurant is split over 2 floors, plays loudish music, has uncomfy chairs and small tables. However, I hoped the food would be better than the initial impression. Whilst the staff were friendly and attentive, I truly believed they were participating in a serving race as my whole dining experience was finished within 33 mins! I started with the mussels......they arrived about 2 mins after I ordered them......about 8 mussels in a very small dish and rather expensive at about 90 HKD. Within 90 seconds of collecting my finsihed mussel dish, the pasta dish of "Duck sausage and white beans" was served......it was the blandest dish I have tasted for a very long time and at about 120 HKD was a big disappointment. For a drink I ordered a "Salty Dog" at 58 HKD which was meant to be a vodka and pink grapefruit juice however, the bar person seemed to have forgotten to put any vodka in the mix.
I can only classify this restaurant as an Italian equivalent of a TGI Fridays, trying to turn the table covers as many times as they can within a night!!!

• Visited February 2012
Perth, Western Australia
“The ambience of an artsy bar, with the quality of a high end foodie joint”
Reviewed 14 February 2012

This place is on the bottom storey of office building The L Place, and if I wasn't taken here by a local, I probably would never have found it. The benefits of having a kind friend to show one around!

They had us at modern urban artwork and stencils applied directly on the walls, upbeat tunes and a busy, friendly vibe - kept us with the great food and wine. Probably the most notable aspect of the food is the obvious quality. When they say 'organic tomatoes', they mean organic tomatoes. Our tomato and mozzarella 'salad' (which is huge, and looked like a triple layer sandwich) had tomatoes which tasted like they had been stolen from my Italian father's backyard vegie patch. This is a very rare occurrence.
We also had a goats cheese and pine nut salad, which was also massive and delicious, and then followed this with the signature pasta - my friend having the linguini, while I settled on the gnocci with lamb ragout. Smaller portions than I am used to in Australia, but a welcome relief, as I didn't have to feel guilty about leaving anything on the plate!
Great service, even though the place was packed.
They don't take bookings for groups under 6 people, so if you're in a small group, arrive early, as it does fill up. Still, worth a wait if you had to, and heartily recommended.

• Visited February 2012
Beijing, China
“Great food and exceptional service”
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I've always liked the concept behind this restaurant group, of a menu that changes with seasonal products and nose to tail dining (using the whole animal)... Linguini Fini is no exception, the food is great!

You can order individually or to share - I prefer to share so you get to try more dishes. Flatbreads and some salads to start the meal, and maybe the deep fried mozarella sticks, which are excellent. Then on to the pasta, which is hand made and has the perfect bite. The sauces to go with the pasta change seasonally - so there is always something new. Nice selection of wines. And even as a vegetarian there is lots on the menu to chose from. The olive oil cake makes for a different non-sugary-sweet dessert. Perfect with a cup of tea....

The last time I went there was with my parents. My dad trained as a chef, and is quite picky. He ordered the sweetbreads ravioli - which didn't hit the mark with my dad, so the plate was returned to the kitchen half full. The restaurant manager actually noticed this, and asked my dad about it... my dad replied "Nothing to write home about..." which is his way of saying it was not to his taste. To the credit of the manager, she offered to replace this dish for my dad with something else - which then definitely hit the mark! It was great to see such hands-on attention from a restaurant manager, and her effort to find something that my dad would enjoy and get excited about made all the difference...

The restaurant does not take reservations, which some might see as an inconvenience, but honestly I've never had an issue with it. There is usually a table after a 10-15 minute wait, which also means that you can have an impromptu meal there without making reservations in advance. If you complete party is not there, you can sit in the bar area and order some pre-meal snacks. A couple of times I've been there my group of friends and I actually ended up having our meal in the bar, which is actually an open mezanine area overlooking the building entrance.

• Visited December 2011