“great dim sum” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Island Tang - CLOSED

Island Tang
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Central
“great dim sum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

Island Tang has a fantastic interior harking back to the colonial days of HK and Shanghai. We went for dim sum with a group of friends and had a great time. the food is of a high standard.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Go for the atmosphere, not for the food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012 via mobile

i went a few times for lunch and have tried different dishes. My overall comment is that the food is decent, but not to die for. So worth pay a visit, good for business lunch or taking visitors for an exotic experience.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
NYC
“Did I go to the wrong place?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

The interior of the restaurant was breathtakingly beautiful, and this is what I had expected. It was refined and understated. But one look at the clientele and I knew it was the wrong place- tourists, businessmen entertaining non Chinese clients made up at least 30% of the lunch crowd when I came.

OK, I knew it would be expensive, but for $400 HKD a head for lunch, I felt like I came out hungry (and we did not order anything expensive). The roast pork which they are famous for, was dry and lean. The pork belly you can get anywhere else in Hong Kong. Perhaps I should have ordered the peking duck but I got sticker shocked.

Every bite I took I knew was paying for the renovation. Next time I will go to Luk Yu for some true deco vibe.

“Perfect! Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

We all fell in love with this restaurant the first time we dined here. We went back again bringing more friends!!
The deco reminds me the Shanghai restaurant in Ritz Carlton in Central (this hotel is no more there in Central but moved to ICC in Kowloon) but the cuisine is more Cantonese.
I do not eat pork but my friends all enjoyed the BBQ pork so very much. The most amazing is Peking duck. You definitely need to choose two courses of this dish because they offer two different preparation methods and both are just scrumptious!!
The Wok-fried Prawns with Mashed Ginger, Chili and Crispy Garlic is something you MUST have!! It was perfectly flavored and, again, everyone at the dinner loved this dish very much.
I seldom have dessert in the restaurant. But, I chose the taro and steamed milk and it was awesome!!
The service was impeccable and the staffs were very attentive to guests at each table. One more thing: usually, Chinese restaurants in Hong Kong are quite noisy. However, the reason why we enjoyed dining here so much is because of the quietness. This certainly helps a lot enjoying a great meal here!!
If you want to enjoy quality dinner with perfect service, this is the restaurant you definitely need to choose!!

1 Thank margarita_red2006
Rhode Island
“Exotic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

The peking duck is carve tableside, the service is attentive, prices are what you would expect at this caliber restaurant, and the wine selection is above average.