Kyoto has what other budget guesthouses in Hong Kong should strive for
-Clean sheets and towels
-Good wireless internet access in room
-Well functioning AC
-Steps from MTR
-Lively street scene in the area; good international restaurants, grocery, shopping, bars, etc
- It is in the Chungking Mansions which did not seem as seedy as it's reputation. Touts on the streets in front were not overly agressive. Kyoto is on the 15th floor so it would be long run down the stairs in an emergency. We felt safe enough.
-Small 8 foot by 8 foot (roughly) room without space for a chair or other place to sit other than on the bed.
-No common area elsewhere to relax
Kyoto is a few dollars more than other hostels/guesthouses in the area. We thought it well worth paying a little more and would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kyoto Guest House is located on Nathan in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui, one minute's walk from Tsim sha Tsui MTR station - Exit ETsim Sha Tsui is at the epicentre of accommodation, shopping, site seeing, cultural attractions, dining, entertainment, money changing, visa application and transportation in Kowloon, Hong Kong.All our clean, smoke free, comfortable and safe rooms offer free secure Wi-Fi, regularly cleaned air conditioning, colour television, cooling fan and door security lock. All our rooms (apart from one) offer a private en suite wet room (hot shower, sink and toilet) with near on-demand hot water.Tea and coffee making facilities, a microwave oven and a common refrigerator/freezer (subject to storage capacity) are available.An ironing board and steam iron are also available.We offer visa, laundry, dry cleaning and luggage storage services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Kyoto Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kyoto Guest House Hong Kong