“Outstanding experience”

Grand Hyatt Steakhouse (Grand Hyatt Hong Kong)
Reserve with OpenTable
Grand Hyatt Steakhouse (Grand Hyatt Hong Kong) is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 11,792 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Description: Grand Hyatt Steakhouse restaurant features prime cuts of beef from the US, Canada and Japan. Additional offerings include an oyster and seafood bar, an elaborate salad bar, and a stylish cigar room. Grand Hyatt Steakhouse offers guests an extensive wine list featuring 180 labels of superlative international wines as well as well known Tokyo Ice Tea and Washington Martini. non alcohol drinks are available such as Apple Lychee Soda. Highlighted food includes Iberico Ham, French cheese selection and USDA Prime Rib Eye 20oz (for two).
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Stunning fit out and seductive ambience. Fresh oysters, John Stone steaks (winner of the World Steak Championship this year). Very attentive service by well trained and personable team. Prices reasonable for the terrific overall experience. A winner of a restaurant. Particularly good service from Sujin and Holly.

1  Thank watchoutGMs
jamessandberg, Manager at Grand Hyatt Steakhouse (Grand Hyatt Hong Kong), responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Dear watchoutGMs

Thank you so much for your fabulous review of Grand Hyatt Steakhouse. The entire team (both service side as well as culinary) were extremely pleased to have received this response.
We are also huge fans of the John Stone Irish Beef, especially considering it has only been on our menu for a short period of time.
Thank you also, for recognizing both Sujin and Holly, it is very motivating to read comments like these.

watchoutGMs, thank you again, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything that I could assist you with in the future at james.sandberg@hyatt.com.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

The salad bar has many delicious varieties, we cannot resist to try many of them which made us quite full before we continue onto the main dishes.

jamessandberg, Manager at Grand Hyatt Steakhouse (Grand Hyatt Hong Kong), responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear Tracy L

Thank you do much for taking the time review us after your last visit. We completely understand the challenge in trying to resist the Salad Bar temptation!! I hope that despite the large offering on the Salad Bar you were also able to enjoy your main course.

Tracy L, again thank you very much for your support and please do not hesitate to contact me directly at james.sandberg@hyatt.com if I could be of any further assistance to you in the future.

Assistant Manager - Grand Hyatt Steakhouse

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Celebrated my girlfriend's birthday here. The staff were very helpful and we soon arranged something special for her without any hassle. We were particularly impressed by the salad bar and the hospitality there.

jamessandberg, Manager at Grand Hyatt Steakhouse (Grand Hyatt Hong Kong), responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Dear Matt T

Thank you so much for your five star review of our Steakhouse. We are so pleased that you had a wonderful time for your girlfriend's birthday. The Salad Bar is definitely one of our iconic features and it is extremely heartening that you thought so also!!

Matt T, again thank you, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly at james.sandberg@hyatt.com if I could provide you any additional assistance in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Service was good but some staff were super friendly and attentive and experienced others a bit lost

Came here for wife's birthday dinner. Ordered quickly as our baby was getting cranky. Steak was ordered medium well (yes sacrilege) but because wife is pregnant. Just wanted no pink. Meat came out more than welldone. No juice nothing and meat was gray and chewy except for one place. This was a small tenderloin so not sure how that happened.

Prawns were good but at 5 for 100usd, it was a letdown.

Overall good experience and I've been here many times but the food left much to be wanted

Dear EricC238

Thank you for taking the time to review the Grand Hyatt Steakhouse. I would like to apologise for the shortfall that you experienced with regards to your tenderloin on the night in question. We do take these comments very seriously and your response has been shared with our Chef so that we might improve in the future.

Thank you also for your observation about the friendliness and attentiveness of some of the staff, it is always appreciated to hear. I was sad to read that you thought that some of our associates were a bit lost, and we have already addressed this to the team who were on duty on the night in question.

EricC238, again I do apologise if this has given you a bad impression of the restaurant on the whole and I do hope that we could change your mind on your next visit. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at james.sandberg@hyatt.com for any of your future Grand Hyatt Steakhouse needs.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

They nailed every single dish we ordered. Great recommendations on choices of food. Fabulous service.

Management response:Responded 17 July 2017

Dear iSA P,

Thank you for your 5 star review of our restaurant and taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your evening with us. I am also delighted that you happy with our server's recommendation and service.

I look forward to welcoming you back in our Grand Hyatt Steakhouse restaurant and please feel free to contact me directly via holly.wong@hyatt.com should you require any further assistance.

Holly Wong