“Everyone loves Jamie!”

J3 Private Tours Hong Kong
Ranked #3 of 136 Tours in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: 45+ years in Hong Kong, awarded the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 5 years in a row, 2012 to 2016, I take bookings up to a year in advance with NO deposit or pre - payment required. I do take last minute bookings - subject to my availability! I'm English and I am a private tour guide - I offer premium quality private tours of Hong Kong. That's right - tours personalised to your custom specifications. Going local with Jamie who has lived in Hong Kong for 45 Years! and your Private Tour with a local Hong Kong Resident starts right here Amazing Hong Kong, the former British Colony from 1841 - 1997 My private walking tours are perfect for couples, families with kids (of any age!), cruise ship passengers, airport layover passengers, friends, solo traveller's and private groups of up to 8 people. Jamie's private tours - no ordinary experience
Bristol, UK
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 162 helpful votes
“Everyone loves Jamie!”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I was travelling by myself for the first time and had 4 days in Hong Kong, so after finding Jamie on tripadvisor, I decided to book a personalised tour with him.

Booking the tour was really simple, I emailed Jamie and told him what I wanted to see and what my likes and dislikes were and left the itinerary in his very capable hands.

Jamie met me in my hotel lobby at The Salisbury YMCA and we went from there, taking in the wide variety of differing sounds, smells and sights of Hong Kong. Jamie is a fountain of knowledge on all things Hong Kong and was able to answer all of my questions, but most importantly he is soooooooooooo easy going and funny, it’s just like spending the day with a mate, which was great as it was only the two of us. Being a fellow Brit, it was great to talk about the UK and compare it to HK. He’s a genuinely nice bloke who loves his family and his home...Hong Kong!

The day of the tour was the day after the typhoon, so the weather wasn’t great and it was hilarious when we got to The Peak to find that we couldn’t even see through the windows because it was so misty. However, the weather didn’t really bother me as Jamie is great company and he showed me lots of interesting stuff that suited the brief from my email.

The tour was great and Jamie took me on the Star ferry, MTR and buses, which really set me up for the rest of my stay and I felt confident navigating my way around.

Even after the tour, Jamie emailed me that evening with directions and top tips to other things that I was interested in doing in Hong Kong, so the service continued even after the trip was over.

The whole experience felt like a day out with a good friend with inside knowledge, so I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Jamie to anyone – just do it!

2 Thank Basics100
j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this review, 16 August 2012
Hi Basics 100

Hong Kong has variable weather and when it rains, boy it rains and generally after a typhoon the rain can persist for 3 or 4 days! however I do not let a spot of rain stop me, rain or shine we tour! (unless it is the 2 inches an hour type rain!)

I am so pleased you enjoyed yourself and thank you so much for the positive review, it is much appreciated

thanks

Jamie
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Nashville, Tennessee
“Fantastic Private Tour”
Reviewed 5 August 2012

After reading all of Jamie's wonderful reviews on tripadvisor I knew I had to book a tour for mine and my dad's upcoming trip to Hong Kong. As always, things didn't go as planned and a level 10 typhoon hit Hong Kong the night before our scheduled 8 hour day tour. Jamie emailed me immediately (3 am) to reschedule the tour. We ended up doing two half day tours. Jamie lived up to his high standard - we visited both places I had mentioned and ones he thought worthwhile. Jamie's extensive knowledge of the history/culture of Hong Kong and each place we visited made the tour not only entertaining but highly educational. Beyond learning so much more than we would have on our own or with a general tour we had a great time just hanging out with Jamie. If you are looking for the perfect Hong Kong private tour guide Jamie is a must!

Visited July 2012
j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Hi Lizb1218

It was a pleasure to meet you and your Dad on your recent trip to Hong Kong and boy what a Typhoon we had, the last one I can remember that bad was back in 1983! one of the problems with these storms is that even when it has passed by it can rain for 3 or 4 days afterwards! which it did,

Anyway I am so glad we were able to reschedule and fit everything in despite the horrible weather!

I very much appreciate the great review and thanks again!

River Vale
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience!!!”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

My wife, my two daughters (15yo and 13yo) and I had the very good fortune to spend two wonderful days touring Hong Kong with Jamie last month. Let me say that every single accolade posted on Trip Advisor about Jamie is absolutely spot on – he is knowledgeable, professional, courteous, flexible and, most importantly, will make your trip to Hong Kong so much more rewarding and interesting. My wife and I had been to Hong Kong 17 years prior to our recent trip and I had a specific itinerary in mind. After several e-mails back and forth with Jamie, he devised a final plan for our touring. This plan included all of the sights I had wanted to experience – as well as several other interesting places along the way. His humorous and insightful comments and personable demeanor kept our two daughters engaged and interested and my wife and I informed and involved. In addition, he provided valuable insights into some night-time activities we pursued on our own.

Needless to say, I cannot recommend him more strongly. If you are looking for a tour guide in Hong Kong who will provide a tremendously satisfying experience, do not hesitate to utilize his services.

Hi PMDRiverVale

Thank you so much for the great review, it is much appreciated.... family tours are always great fun.. it is a pity about the hazy weather we have been having which causes problems with some of the fabulous views we have here.. luckily I have 12,000 of my own Hong Kong images so I always have on hand recent clear day views!

Thanks ever so much for the review and I hope you can make it back here in the future.

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“best of the best”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

My daughter and I booked an all day tour with Jamie and we could'nt have asked for more.Because this was our first time in Hong Kong we didn't know where we wanted to go or what we wanted to do, so we left it in Jamie's hands .We were not disappointed.We didn't think you could cover so much in 8 hrs.His ability to making the tour factual as well as entertaining,is truly a gift .He answered all our questions and we asked him lots too!! I wouldn't hesitate recommending Jamie to anyone who is visiting Hong Kong you won't go wrong .Were already planning next year trip .

Visited July 2012
j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Hi Jamarino 62

It as a pleasure showing you lovely young ladies around Hong Kong and yes, 8 hours can fly by, there is so much to see and do in this great city....

I love to go to Stanley and Repulse Bay on bus route 66....great fun!

Ladies, thanks ever so much for the great review and see you next year!

Thanks again

London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“5 hrs with Jamie!”
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Jamie's tour was just fantastic, and I have to say Jamie the sights and your company and knowledge were one of my highlights of my weekend in Hong Kong! I am still laughing about the little frog that made it's way downtown on my leg from the Peak... I wonder if it ever found it's way home... Jamie has a lovely easy manner. He works out your tour based on what interests you and really makes the most of your time. I had a fab time taking photos and getting my bearings, starting at 5pm and finishing, well, I don't know when but I know it was late when I got back to my hotel. Best of both worlds, Hong Kong in the daylight, dusk and night! I thank you Jamie, and I enclose for you a couple of photos, my favourite one of you and 'The Shoe Bath!' All the best, Susie

1 Thank Susie W
Hi Susie W

Thank you so much for the great review.

We did have fun didn't we and there is nothing better than having a chat in those ever so comfy sofa's in the lobby of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel prior to the start of a tour....

The Peak has it's fair share of creepy crawlies and it is possible that the friendly frog is still alive, kicking and growing in the taxi... good job it didn't land on me.....

I am very fond of night tours so I am booked during the day, why not take a night tour!

Susie, thanks again for your comments and I am so pleased that you enjoyed yourself.

thanks