“Three cheers for J3 tours.”

J3 Private Tours Hong Kong
Ranked #3 of 142 Tours in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: 45 years in Hong Kong - I am the most experienced and most highly rated Private Tour Guide in Hong Kong, awarded the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 6 years in a row, 2012 to 2017, I take bookings up to a year in advance with NO deposit or pre - payment required. I do take last minute bookings - subject to my availability! I'm English and I am a private tour guide - I offer premium quality private tours of Hong Kong. That's right - tours personalised to your custom specifications. Going local with Jamie who has lived in Hong Kong for 45 Years! and your Private Tour with a local Hong Kong Resident starts right here Amazing Hong Kong, the former British Colony from 1841 - 1997 My private walking tours are perfect for couples, families with kids (of any age!), cruise ship passengers, airport layover passengers, friends, solo traveller's and private groups of up to 8 people. Jamie's private tours - no ordinary experience
Reviewed 7 May 2012

First of all, sorry for taking so long to write a review.
We hired Jamie for an 8 hour tour in February 2012. To be honest we were slightly apprehensive being two relative youngsters ( 35 and 42) regarding value for money; how wrong we were!
Jamie was brilliant, the tour was worth every HKD. Jamie took us totally off the beaten track, let us experience the real HK. We even went to the Peak at 9pm, which was an awesome experience.
Do not hesitate to book, it is SO worth it.

j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2012

Hi Kezzab 1976

Thank you ever so much for the fantastic review, I really appreciate it and I am glad you liked Hong Kong so much

I hope you make it back here next year!

Jamie

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

Jamie was informative, fun and very accommodating.
we took our time and enjoyed commuting on foot, the tramp, MTR and the Ferry.
The Nunnery was gorgeous, peaceful. The view at the Peak was breathtaking.
Had lunch at a very nice restaurant suggested by Jamie.
We booked Jamies services for 8 hours but he stayed with us longer.
we (myself, my daughter and a friend) laughed alot, learnt alot and overall had a wonderful time.
Will definitely recommend Jamie to friends and family visiting HKG.

Hi Sukaina A

I appreciate the great review, thanks!!

It was a great day wasn't it ! and I love taking people to one of the best Chinese restaurants in Hong Kong

It really was wonderful meeting the 3 of you and giving me the opportunity to showing you around Hong Kong which surely is one of the most interesting cities in the world.

Thanks again

Reviewed 3 May 2012

I booked Jamie after finding him via Tripadvisor. We were just in HK for one day en route from London to Auckland so we wanted to make the most of our time there. He checked before we arrived what we were interested in and was at the airport waiting for us. The day was perfect - we saw everything we had wanted to see and more. He went just at the right pace and gave just the right sort of information. Felt relaxed and at the end of the day he took us back to the airport. My 15-year old daugter also enjoyed the day - what more can I say..........

Hi Richard_from_en

Thank you.

It is always nice to get positive reviews and I am glad I was able to make your short stay in Hong Kong a positive experience.

Doing layover tours from passengers in transit can be a bit stressful as I am every mindful of making sure we get back to the airport on time for the flight!

I hope you enjoyed New Zealand

Reviewed 3 May 2012

My two children (11 and 8) and I had two tours with Jamie, one of 8 hours and one which ended up being 12 hours. After a wonderful holiday that had included the Venetian, Disney and Ocean Park, it says a lot that this was the absolute highlight of our trip (and the kids even spontaneously thanked me for booking the tours)! While the kids and I were all ready to move on after 6 hours at the theme parks, there was still high energy levels and a reluctance for the day to end after 12 hours with Jamie! (again, with kids, that says a lot!)

For both tours Jamie met us promptly at our hotel. We then travelled around by walking, on MTR, buses, and ferry, covering Kowloon on the first day, and Hong Kong Island on the second. The days flowed very smoothly and were perfectly in line with our interests. Jamie had information and observations about everything, which made the experience so much richer, and we learnt so much and enjoyed so much that we never could've alone, on a bus tour, or even with many private tour guides (more on this below). It was also great to have questions answered on everything I saw (on everything from the patterns of other tourists we saw to rents, houses, school, culture, people and places and anything else you can think of). It really did make the difference between ticking the boxes of places seen and having a truly satisfying travel experience.

We did have another highly rated private tour guide one night earlier on as Jamie was booked up, and while a pleasant experience there was a huge difference between the two. While with the other all the information I had seen on a travel show, with Jamie it was the sort of information that really does take both a long time living in Hong Kong and a keen sense of observation to come by. He was also amazing with the kids, and in tailoring the tour to suit them - while with the other I was embarrassed by how often the question 'how much longer' was asked by them, with Jamie they were happy and interested the entire day, and reluctant for the day to end!

Jamie was kind enough to write about our tour on his website at the request of my kids (they are the 'angelic she-devils), and that shows just a handful of the highlights. We saw many of the mainstream sights such as the nunnery and gardens and market, and many that we would not have thought to see on our own but absolutely loved. With everything we saw, thanks to Jamie we could gain an understanding of what was going on which made it so much more interesting. As well as being knowledgeable and planning a great day, Jamie is also great company. I can be quite antisocial and generally want to escape people after a few hours, but in the case of Jamie he was very comfortable to be around and such great company that we would've rather had him with us every day. The kids just loved him, and are still talking about how great he is, and that it was 'epic' and 'the best'.

I will definitely tour with Jamie again next time I am in Hong Kong, whether with kids or alone, and would recommend it to anyone (and will arrange it myself for my mum when she visits if she doesn't herself).

Hi EvilGeminiTwin

What can I say, I am bowled over by your comments and thank you, it is always wonderful to receive such a positive review.

I love family tours and having 3 kids of my own I can always relate to kids of all ages and I have to say that touring with you and the angelic she devils was a fantastic 2 day experience, just brilliant and yes, I have the scars to prove it!!!

Again, thanks for such a positive review

I hope to see the 3 of you again in the future

Reviewed 2 May 2012

First, I'm a travel agent and being a female solo traveller sometimes. Normally, I don't write any review, but I'd like to do it for Jamie and share it on TripAdvisor.

I contacted Jamie after reading reviews from TripAdvisor. Though, it'd be my 9th trip in Hong Kong. I was very keen to know how excellent he was and learn things from him. I can say without any hesitation that Jamie's a KIND, SINCERE and EASY GOING person. I enjoy walking and taking time to look around. Unfortunately, I had sore legs from another walking tour (not with Jamie) a day before. Jamie could customise the tour which was suitable for me, a 5 hour easy relaxing walking tour. It's very pleasant and fun to spend time with Jamie, for examples, he showed me the best viewpoint of The Peak which's a stunning spot with memorable story related to his childhood. Thank you for taking me there, I totally forgot I'd sore legs and actually did a walking tour as I planned.

He accompanied me to buy Tiger Balm for my sore legs (as my request) and also walked with me to The Peninsula Hong Kong to make sure I could buy its special tea back home. I wish he is always being my teacher for being an excellent private tour guide.

From my experience, you can ignore that one terrible review. It's a fraud. You can book Jamie's private tour with confidence. Enjoy spending your time in Hong Kong with people there.

1  Thank cateaway

Hi Cateaway

I really am grateful for your support and excellent review, thank you.

I always customise my tours to fit in with what my clients need and want and it is always nice to receive visitors in the travel industry, particularly from Thailand

I have to say that the Peninsula gift shop in the Pensinula Hotel basement is always a great place to buy some exotic gifts!

Thanks again