“We had a fantastic visit to HK in a very short period of time”

J3 Private Tours Hong Kong
Ranked #3 of 141 Tours in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: 45 years in Hong Kong - I am the most experienced and most highly rated Private Tour Guide in Hong Kong, awarded the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 6 years in a row, 2012 to 2017, I take bookings up to a year in advance with NO deposit or pre - payment required. I do take last minute bookings - subject to my availability! I'm English and I am a private tour guide - I offer premium quality private tours of Hong Kong. That's right - tours personalised to your custom specifications. Going local with Jamie who has lived in Hong Kong for 45 Years! and your Private Tour with a local Hong Kong Resident starts right here Amazing Hong Kong, the former British Colony from 1841 - 1997 My private walking tours are perfect for couples, families with kids (of any age!), cruise ship passengers, airport layover passengers, friends, solo traveller's and private groups of up to 8 people. Jamie's private tours - no ordinary experience
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We had only two days in Hong Kong and decided to take a one-day tour to make the most of it. Jamie was an excellent tour guide and managed to adapt to our needs and make good suggestions. He was very knowledgeable and provided top quality background on the history, life and sites of HK.

We highly recommend him.

j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Hi Emira2012

Thanks for the great review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay in Hong Kong, for me it was lovely to receive guests from Venezuela, how exotic.

It is always tough when you are in a place for just a couple of days when there is so much to see and do and I was glad I was able to maximise your time in Hong Kong,

Both you, come back soon!

Thanks again for the review

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for J3 Private Tours Hong Kong

Reviewed 2 March 2012

Jamie Lloyd met us at our hotel precisely on time for our tour. He presents very well and is easy to be with. He was patient and the tour was not stressful. We proceeded to the subway station where he had me by Oyster Cards for each member of our family. This proved invaluable as it got us on the subways, bus and even some attractions. Very efficient. At the end of the tour I got a refund for the deposit and the unused balance.

At lunch time he took us to the best Dim Sum restaurant I have ever been to. I picked up the tab which was my pleasure.

Mr. Lloyd knows how to get around and brought us to many interesting places. My only suggestion is that he should perhaps offer a little more factual information regarding the places he brings us to. For instance, we went to the Chi Lin Nunnery in Kowloon but never mentioned that this impressive place was built without the use of any nails.

Also, if you have a poodle do not mention it to Mr. Lloyd. We have two and it was kind of embarrassing because our guide had an unfortunate experience with a poodle which apparently left its mark.

I would recommend Mr. Lloyd without reservation.

j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2012

Hi Jrusso0667

Thanks ever so much for the very positive review it was a pleasure to spend so much time with your family

I always welcome suggestions on how I can improve and the comment about the Nunnery has been duly noted, I do consider myself a student of the Chi Lin Nunnery and have spent a lot of time speaking with the administrators of the place to increase my knowledge, I mention the No nails in the construction of the Nunnery to roughly 50% of my clients, quite simply every tour I do is different as are the people and not everyone is interested in these snippets, apparently there is a perception that guides my age around the world are seen as boring old codgers reciting facts verbatim, I am trying very hard to lighten up and not come across as a dry academic!

Anyway it is a very good suggestion and will factor this into my future tours, thanks!

Quite clearly I need to work on my dry sense of English humour! my run in with a poodle did happen (a long time ago) some people have issues with snakes, some spiders and myself poodles and I always tell this particular story with a humourous slant, whoops! and it is back to the drawing board to work on my humour! thanks again for pointing this out

Once again, thanks for the extremely positive review and recommendation, I really appreciate it

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Overall this was a great tour and was everything we expected and more!

Jamie was very prompt with his emails and arrangements for the day, we probably arranged it with about 3 weeks notice.

He is genuinely friendly and easy to get along with. He arrived on time and got us organized with an octopus card and taught us the basics of the rail system. He also offered us insights into the best way to get to different locations. This alone was worth the price of the tour!

He tailored the tour to suit our needs and took us to a variety of places that are not in any tourist guide.

Thanks Jamie for a great day.
Harley and Lisa

Hi Hayley and Lisa

Thanks for the great review, it was lovely to meet the both of you and I was glad to help out in order to make the most of your stay in Hong Kong.

Our MTR rail system is probably the best in the world and is easily the best way to get around Hong Kong and yes, my advice to any visitor coming to Hong Kong is to get an Octopus Card for trravelling around, even if you are here for 1 day only.

Once again, thank you

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Jamie was a very friendly gentleman who organised and explained the Octopus Travel Card. We visited the Nunnary, Ladies Market and had a lovely Yum Cha lunch. However when we got to the Bird & Flower Markets we found these closed due to the Chinese New Year Celebrations. We had some questions which Jamie did not know the answer to but he said he would investergate this for us and get back to us via email which he did the very next day. I would recommend J3 Tours

2  Thank Lyn P
j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Hi Lyn P

Thank you for the nice review, it was a pleasure to spend time with you, your mum and sister.

Chinese New Year is always an issue in Hong Kong as these days there is no hard and fast rule on what opens and what closes as this frantic time of the year, you have to turn up and hope for the best

I am glad you enjoyed your Hong Kong trip and I hope to see you all again soon

Thanks

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Jamie provided what I can only describe as a superb tour of Hong Kong. The day included part walking and part public transport. (buy an Octopus card from any MTR station with extra credit).
We were taken to places that we would never of found on our own IE.A local fresh fish market for instance.Gruesome but necessary viewing to really get an idea of the local culture.
As important it gave us the confidence to explore on our own for the rest of our time in Hong Kong.
We recommend anyone visiting for the first time to book Jamie and he will take you on a tour that suits your own interests as well as throwing in a couple of surprises.

Hi Alecb42

Thank you for the super review and I am glad you both enjoyed yourselves

... and yes, I have been known to throw in the odd surprise on my tours.. certainly makes life interesting!

Thanks again