“Thumbs up again!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West Kowloon
Reviewed 4 February 2012

With the great feedback from my uncle and cousin from Toronto and other relatives, my father decided to throw another dinner party to invite relatives from his side to pre-celebrate Chinese New Year. The VIP room is again our favourite spot which provides privacy and everyone can sit comfortably and chat merrily. Lychee chicken and Phoenix Osmanthus tea again were the highlights. The whole dinner was being interlaced with chats, laughter, food and tea. The atmosphere was so relaxed that my uncles and my father shared a lot of their childhood memories. My father is so satisfied that he is asking me to arrange another family gathering at Sing Yin for him.

2  Thank vivianmak
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

Me and my family came back from the state for holiday during Christmas time and before coming back, I hve already heard about the w hong kong. Therefore I decided to bring my family over and experienced the wow service at the Chinese restaurant. The first impression of the whole atmosphere and design was overwhelming. I really like the interior design. When we first approached to the counter the staff was very nice and gave us a very nice table to settle down. Then he gave us an introduction on the menu as we weren't familiar of what to choose. It was a very professional service I believed his name was Allen. We all liked the crab claw with black truffle it was very delicious! The whole dining experience was very private and quiet which gave us a very relaxing evening. We will be back!

2  Thank Veleria
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Service - Excellent. I frequent this restaurant and the staff is very friendly. They make an effort to remember names and preferences.

Food - Very good. Fresh ingredients and good variety.

Atmosphere - Excellent place for a business dinner. They do have private dining areas as well. Good for outings with friends and family as well.

Recommendations - Do try the dimsum, very good and not as crowded as the usually recommended places by guidebooks. The salt and pepper mantis prawns are a must try!

2  Thank v_traveler88
Reviewed 21 December 2011

We had a family dinner at Sin Yin for the first time and to be honest it was a surprise for us. Ingredients are fresh and the dishes are carefully designed. A bit rare for Chinese restaurant to have such a hip setting and atmosphere lighting but if you are looking for some special Chinese dining experience this is definitely worth trying, and very good service as well!

2  Thank Cheekycheese
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I have been to Sing Yin @ W Hong Kong for several times since it opened and I really like their VIP room a lot. My uncle and cousin came back from Toronto, Canada and my mom wanted to treat them a very nice dinner. I contacted them to work on the menu and they paid attention to details and controlled the budget that I specified. At first some of my relatives were skeptical as they were not familiar with the location and did not know too much about both the hotel and the restaurant. However, they were impressed by the interior and ambience of the VIP room after they arrived. The meal (a 10-course meal) was excellent. Everyone likes the Lychee wood fired crispy chicken. Skin is crispy and the meat is tender and juicy, plus there is a lychee aroma. What's more: They served us Phoenix Osmanthus Oolong, an award winning tea, to pair with the chicken - a real highlight! All my family members are still talking about this after the dinner (Nov 19, 2011) and planning to invite their friends and more family members to visit Sing Yin again. Thanks also to Roy and his lady colleague who delivered a truly professional service throughout the night! (we are 20 in total with seniors, babies and teens)

3  Thank vivianmak