Stayed at The Mercer in November 2011, The hotel is in a quiet area but close to IFC and Central Hong Kong. The welcome/arrival was not great, no transpiration arranged (booked in advance), front office staff rude and a bit unorganized. No all of them are speaking well English. The building is new with some constructions in progress (pool area), lifts are nice and rooms as well. I booked a suite with separate kitchen and living area, including mini bar, WIFI and complimentary breakfast. I love the bathroom, well designed and organized. The bed is comfortable, facing the LCD 42’’ TV, I must say that the TV is a bit to low compared to the bed, once you are in the bed you can’t watch the TV properly. Rooms are cleaned every day by Housekeeping staff, Breakfast was poor, small indoor area with a poor selection of food. Service staff is not friendly and the overall atmosphere in the room is inappropriate and cold. Is not an Hotel for Family due to the high number of “accompanied ladies” in the area. For a couple of nights on business trip is ok and a good alternative to a “branded” hotel such Four Seasons……
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Citadines Mercer delivers contemporary luxury and comfort with large spacious rooms in the fashionable up and coming Sheung Wan area. The new boutique hotel is only 1 minute from Sheung Wan MTR station, and within easy walking distance of Central’s prime business, shopping and dining locations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Citadines Mercer Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mercer Hotel Hong Kong
- Citadines Mercer Hong Kong