See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 June 2014

To avoid at any cost.
Whilst the service is convenient and the flats rather tidy, the service is expensive and the agency does not always give you your deposit back and avoid to answer you when you try to contact them.
My advice: AVOID.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Alix9309
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at Citiloft for a year in two different places. From the beginning, Stanley provided me with fantastic personal service and catered to all my needs. During the stay, little things that needed repair were taken care of quickly. Move out was simple, seamless, and Stanley even stored my belongings for one week until I was able to pick them up. Overall I would give Citiloft 9.5 out of 10 and would recommend it to my friends and associates.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank DinoStylianopoulos
Reviewed 27 May 2014

City Loft's provided a warm and friendly service from the initial communication until the final departure that couldn't be found with other agencies. I've stayed in HK on multiple occasions and this was by far the best experience. The rooms are kept very clean, the amenities are high quality, and communication was painless (everyone I spoke to had superb English)! I'll definitely be recommending it to my friends and colleagues!

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Ham656
Reviewed 21 October 2013

For my 3 month stay in HK, I pre-booked a serviced apartment for 10,000 HKD. The only positive thing was the location, which was very central and close to nice shops/bars/restaurants etc.
I can only give the advise not to stay in any accommodation of cityloft - the apartments they have are not worth a single dollar!! According to their very nice homepage, they pretend to be appear as a provider of nice and cosy apartments with great service at relatively reasonable rates. This definitely is an illusion! Obviously the only thing they invested in is their homepage/ internet appearance! The rooms they offer are horrible and really dirty. I did not expect a large apartment, however as an European you expect to get at least clean apartment for this price - which was definitely not the case! I have never ever before seen such a dirty bed - which made me move out immediately just right after I arrived in the middle of the night. Luckily I had friend who offered me to sleep on his couch for a couple of days. I could not even sit on the bed, and I am not a too sensitive person. The mattress was smelly and dirty, full of stains - so was the bed linen, pillows, blanket etc. On top of that, there could be found a great collection of dirt and pubic hair next to the bed, on the bed and inside of the bed frame. Under the bed, it seems as there was an old pool of blood - I did not investigate further - however I really do not want to know what once happened in that room/ on that bed before. Moreover, the matress was not only old but also very uncomfortable - a night in that bed might have caused the worst back pain.
Aside from the disgusting bed area, the rest of the room was not worth its money as well, however I could have lived with the small cupboard, shelf, so called "kitchen area", old school TV, toilet and shower in the middle of the room etc. Another thing to mention is that the air conditioning was extremely disgusting and smelly (see picture). According to the description of the room/ house, they claimed to provide a washing machine on the roof terrace - this turned out to be another lie. Yes, there was a washing machine, and a roof terrace - but not as you would expect. The roof terrace was just an accessible roof without anything you would expect on a terrace but with a lot of dirt and waste, the washing machine seemed to be 50 years old and I would not even wash an old towel for my dog in there. But pictures say more than words!

After I complained, they pretended to be very sorry and offered me to show me another apartment. Even though I already had enough after this horrible experience with my first room I accepted and decided to give them a second chance. Although I mentioned that the other room was extremely dirty and disgusting, e.g. with the mattress and dirty bed linen etc., they did not manage to put some clean and fresh bed linen into the new room.

I am very glad that I decided not to stay one single night in any of their shabby rooms, although it took me more than two months to get a refund of at least a part of the money I had already paid in advance. It took me so much time, nerves and negotiation-effort to get to that solution and the only thing I can do is to tell others to avoid city loft at any price - otherwise you will regret it for sure!!!! Believe me.

Room Tip: Avoid city loft, the only nice thing is their homepage!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
18  Thank Anne2382013
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Stayed in 115 Winglok street accommodation.

Positives:
Very convenient location. Transport- 1 min walk to MTR, 5/10 min walk to Soho and central, bus, tram stops 1 min away.
Restaurants- great place to try the local food, lots of new western style coffee shops.
Laundrettes, markets etc v close by and a great smoothie/fruit stall round the corner.
Ok sized studio flat and bathroom for HK standards.
Serviced apartment meant room cleaned once a week, including bed sheets.
Pretty modern, obviously focusing on westerners and prices reflect this.
Clean and washing machine and dryer on the roof (though don't think it's officially advertised to the residents)

Things they could improve on:
Internet - slow and sometimes cuts out.
Other residents - can be loud going up n down sometimes in the early hrs of the morning, thin walls so could even here people on their phones and other strange noises!! Though nothing can be done about this. Some residents smoked in their rooms which drifted to other rooms and the corridor.
Flood - my husband helped a girl from the room above to stop and clean up the flood that came from a broken pipe under the sink. The agency didn't pick up the phone, so we the residents, are meant to deal with these kind of issues. We later asked city loft if we could have an emergency number if something like this happened again, they said they didn't have one!
Rent - first months rent was 12,500. Then we wanted another month and they said prices have gone up to 13,000. They are very shady with the prices, they don't seem to value repeat custom. We wanted to move elsewhere but found other agencies either too expensive or located in causeway bay which is busy and the rooms are tiny.
Admin - sometimes they were efficient. However when we requested a sofa (as some rooms have them, others don't), they said yes, we waited and waited, requested again and nothing was done. Until we moved out, we didn't get the promised sofa.
Air conditioning - it worked well, but it is so noisy as it makes the window vibrate, I had to get ear plugs.

City Loft are a short term solution and only when you have exhausted all other avenues.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple