See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Stayed in 115 Winglok street accommodation.

Positives:
Very convenient location. Transport- 1 min walk to MTR, 5/10 min walk to Soho and central, bus, tram stops 1 min away.
Restaurants- great place to try the local food, lots of new western style coffee shops.
Laundrettes, markets etc v close by and a great smoothie/fruit stall round the corner.
Ok sized studio flat and bathroom for HK standards.
Serviced apartment meant room cleaned once a week, including bed sheets.
Pretty modern, obviously focusing on westerners and prices reflect this.
Clean and washing machine and dryer on the roof (though don't think it's officially advertised to the residents)

Things they could improve on:
Internet - slow and sometimes cuts out.
Other residents - can be loud going up n down sometimes in the early hrs of the morning, thin walls so could even here people on their phones and other strange noises!! Though nothing can be done about this. Some residents smoked in their rooms which drifted to other rooms and the corridor.
Flood - my husband helped a girl from the room above to stop and clean up the flood that came from a broken pipe under the sink. The agency didn't pick up the phone, so we the residents, are meant to deal with these kind of issues. We later asked city loft if we could have an emergency number if something like this happened again, they said they didn't have one!
Rent - first months rent was 12,500. Then we wanted another month and they said prices have gone up to 13,000. They are very shady with the prices, they don't seem to value repeat custom. We wanted to move elsewhere but found other agencies either too expensive or located in causeway bay which is busy and the rooms are tiny.
Admin - sometimes they were efficient. However when we requested a sofa (as some rooms have them, others don't), they said yes, we waited and waited, requested again and nothing was done. Until we moved out, we didn't get the promised sofa.
Air conditioning - it worked well, but it is so noisy as it makes the window vibrate, I had to get ear plugs.

City Loft are a short term solution and only when you have exhausted all other avenues.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cluelessduo
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I stayed 2 months in Sheung Wan, Jervois street and regretted it immediately. Internet was super flaky, i had a few power outs in the evening with no access to the fix it. Warm water stopped working sometimes and the toilet was always jammed. Gross. There is fungus in the walls which just gets overpainted and comes out after a few weeks. The cooking plate looked like it was dug up from an ancient excavation site. I don't mind when things are basic but this was the worst place I ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Don't do it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank W D
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I stayed at Sheung Wan, at Wing Lok Street. I have to say that I was very satisfied with my stay and would recommended other people to try it out. The apartment I stayed at was located in a very convenient area, with easy access to transport to get you around HK. MTR is only 15min walk away (and it is was pleasant walk) or if you feeling very adventurous and want to see more of HK, try the Trams which is much more closer about 5 mins away.

The apartment had all the amenities you require; powerful shower, toilet, large bed, desk, wardrobe, microwave, air-con and most importantly (for me at least) access to wifi internet.

I have to say that it is a bit basic and it is really nothing special, but it is clean, affordable and has all the important things required to make it a satisfactory stay.

I would recommended people to try city loft.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Vincent T
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Hi

I would just like to express how comfortable my stay was at city lofts, Sheung Wan. I can see some not so favourable reviews here and I would like to make my experience known. Hong Kong has always been a place that I have most wanted to visit and work in. City loft made it a less stressful move over. For a busy place, Hong kong can be quite lonely. The staff made it less daunting, with a friendly hello when we cross paths. It terms of the size, it was ample as you don't stay in your room in HK and all places in HK are small. For the price it was more than satisfactory It would have been great watching TV and chilling out after a full day out, but HK TV wasn't really my cup of tea. Luckily I had my iPad and full wifi in the room. My stay was just under 3 months, before I moved on to a current place in TST, closer to my new place of work. I would recommend city lofts to anyone taking that leap to start a new life in HK. Its basic, but clean and I felt safe coming back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Christina T
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We did stay in City loft in Wing Lok st. Sheung Wan during christmas season it was convenient and clean. I just don't get some of the bad reviews I never happen to us. Had a great time and the staff was accommodating they even have a laundry area on the roof top which you can buy hang around. My kids was so happy with the area… MTR, Tram and bus stop is just around the corner pus a bonus of park n Shop, Welcome and 7 11. I will not hesitate to recommend it to my family and friends. Keep it up City Loft and more power.

Room Tip: Look for Stanley He will take care of you.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family