“Make Me Blind!”

Ranked #2 of 60 Fun & Games in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Experience an "Unseen" tour you never experience before. Unlike ordinary sight-seeing spots in Hong Kong, we offer a "dark" and inspiring experience. Please visit our website for more detail. PRE-BOOKING for English tour is essential as there are only a few English sessions daily. Opening: Mon-Fri 10:30-19:00, English sessions: 11:30, 13:45, 17:00.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Stairs / lift, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Luzon, Philippines
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Make Me Blind!”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

First off this is the main exhibit. We booked online and I saw that as the dates grew nearer to my eventual arrival in HK the booking on the exhibit itself seems to get crowded. Meaning you should really book ahead to get the English guide.

This exhibit is hard to describe as it would spoil your experience. It is basically a tour of sorts on how to the blind experiences our world.

It is very unique and I would gladly recommend it especially as an educational tour.

WHERE IT IS:

The exhibit is inside a small mall where no one hardly ever speaks English.

Get off Mei Foo MTR and go straight to the park to go to the mall itself.

We found this the hard way since we were using google map and had a round about the highway which was exhausting.

When you get to the mall, there are ads for the dialogue in the dark to help you find them on the second floor.

WHAT TO KNOW AHEAD:

There are lockers available for everyone where you will leave everything including your watch and mobile.

Bring 5 or 10 dollars HK which you will use inside the tour.

This is an enjoyable experience and something quite unique.

Just let yourself go and trust your guide. :)

3 Thank LifeAsMrsRobles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Inspiring experience”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This is a must-go!

Tip: please book your tour in advance, especially if you need English guide.

You don't want to be "blind" and still have to be "deaf", because you don't understand what the guide is talking!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Danny O
Gold Coast
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Worth a visit if you have not been.”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

The location is not difficult to get to via the train and within walking distance from the station. It is a worth while experience if you have not been before. It is important to book. The exhibition allows experience of being sightless. I teaches the techniques used by blind to people to lead a life in a normal society. Dialogue in the dark is located in a shopping centre and there are numerous restaurants which serve the local cuisine at a high standard.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank not_johntan
Hong Kong, China
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Excellent experience that really "opens your eyes"”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Did a workshop with them and made me realize how overly dependent we are on our eyes. In the dark, I couldn't even pour myself a cup of tea (or figure out how much sugar or milk I was adding - had to feel it with my fingers!). It was also amazing how much better I listened to others when I couldn't see. Great way to help you reflect on the way you live your life, and to learn to become a better listener. By the way - the instructors are all blind so they have no problems operating in the dark!

1 Thank Paul C
perth
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Disorienting and educational”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

A very different, enlightening and disorienting experience well worth doing. We had a couple of 10 year old kids in our group which is a great experience for them but I found them annoying as they chatted alot making it harder to explore my inner experience.

Visited March 2012