“Spotlessly clean, well-located budget-friendly guesthouse”

Lee Garden Guest House
“Spotlessly clean, well-located budget-friendly guesthouse”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I booked the single with a private shower. The location is fantastic, the bed was really comfortable, and the room was immaculately clean.
The directions on the website (and in the confirmation email) were spot-on, relieving me of any "how-do-i-find-the-place" stress.
The room is tiny, yes, but you get what you pay for. There are bigger rooms if you want to pay more.
There was a problem with the hot water in my room the first morning, so the staff let me shower in an empty room (seemed huge in comparison to mine!) gave me a banana fritter for my trouble, and the problem was resolved the next morning, so I can say the staff is also very accommodating.
All in all, a great place to stay if you're on a budget in Hong Kong.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank EydneW
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Thumbs up for the safe and very clean compact room even this is old building. Location is in the centre of TsimShastsui, just 5 minutes walk to MRT. Price is cheap in HK and thick cosy blanket is provided. Definitely worth what you have pay. The staffs are all friendly & helpful.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Canndyy
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 24 February 2012

My family travelled to HK on a budget and we got this hostel. At first I was afraid that our flight would be late and we wont make it to their 12MN closing, as one of the reviews said here. True enough, our flight was delayed and we reached the hotel around 12.30AM. Good thing the lady at the reception was just going out and was kind enough to come back up and check us in. Hopefully she didnt miss her bus home. Otherwise, I would have had two very tired, very young kids in tow while looking for a place to spend the night at 1 in the morning. I have stayed several times in Central before but it was my family's first time in HK and the TST area was unexplored territory.

Anyway, the room that was given to us was very small but very clean. We had the triple room which was one single bed and a double bed, hubby and I and our two kids just squeezed ourselves into the space. It was quite fun actually.

The guesthouse was very conveniently located. a couple of steps away from the MTR, the ferry station and the bus station. Evrything was within easy reach. One ride to the airport via bus. A couple of minutes walk to the ferry terminal which took us to Central. the MTR took us all the way to disneyland. Lots of kid-friendly eats - like McDonalds, KFC and burger king. A few steps is Nathan Road which is a shopper's paradise.

As to facilities, there was hot water in the utility area and a microwave. the TV was small and limited channels, but there was Spongebob show in chinese so my kids were happy even if they dont understand the language. We stayed in February and we didnt relly mind the airconditioning.

The hallways are narrow and the first thing i familiarized myself with was the fire escape route. If on a budget, then this hotel is really value for money because of its location. There is also a playground near the Avenue of the stars which my kids just loved to play at.

The staff was really helpful and friendly and I thank the lovely lady who let us check in despite having arrived past midnight. We were just so lucky she stayed late.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Dada C
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Interesting Guest house whereby you need to open the first door of the lift yourself. I find it cool n interesting. Although the room is tiny compared to the hotel but there are still enough space for two person n two medium luggages. Washroom is tiny but if u r not calculative, is actually pretty fine :) Clean bedsheet n blanket. Staffs are friendly including Mr. Chan. A very convenient place to stay with MTR nearby.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Jamiesoh
Cebu, Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 6 February 2012

My family and I stayed there for 5days and it was an excellent if your on a budget and your only going to sleep since your mostly be out sightseeing. I've booked 2rooms online (triple & double) and they quickly replied to me and every time I have a question regarding w/ my booking they emailed me back asap. We have no problems w/ the staff coz they're accommodating to us and when we ask for an extra towel they quickly send it to our room! The room is small but we all fit on it! hahahah.... The only problem I had was the channels on the TV coz it's difficult to find an English channel but it's not a big deal. And the elevator is kinda scary since it's so small and kind of bounce before it opens! So we sometimes took the stairs and we get to do some exercise =) All in all I'd recommend the place if your on a budget and only be needing the room for sleeping.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family