“Never Disappoints - Modern Design, Comfort and Exceptional Service”
Review of EAST Hong Kong

EAST Hong Kong
Ranked #36 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 23 July 2017

I travel to Hong Kong nearly ever three weeks and EAST is my go to hotel. They truly are the best in their class. Swire Hotels never disappoint.
First and foremost it is the service that makes EAST a great place to stay, in my opinion. The staff are friendly, and always professional. Their care for guests is genuine, unlike many HK hotels where service feels scripted. The standard of property upkeep is another important reason I have been staying at EAST for several years now. And of course there is the design, which is modern but not at the expense of guest comfort. Other pluses include: proximity to public transport...MTR is literally 30 feet from the entry, good in-house restaurant, lounge on the top floor with amazing views of the harbor. EAST is piratically my second home. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The harbor view rooms are truly worth the extra money. Not many views from your room are better than...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Shannalee_EAST, Director of Guest Experience at EAST Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Thank you for the fantastic review and I am thrilled that all aspects of your stays were above the bar.

Your comments to the team is very encouraging as we genuinely care every single guest and be their home away from home.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in few weeks and please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Warm regards

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Really comfortable hotel and close to a shopping mall, restaurants and the metro. Excellent service, comfortable, well equipped rooms and lovely rooftop bar. Highly recommended.
The breakfast is good - good choice and all meals are freshly prepared.
The hotel is contemporary and stylish.

Room Tip: Go of r a high floor for good views of Kowloon
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your stay and for giving us such an excellent feedback on our service and facilities.

Our guests’ well-being is always our top concern and I am glad to learn that we took good care of you.

We look forward to seeing you again at EAST, Hong Kong and please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Warm regards

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Great experience through and through. Service is high, everything is new, works and is clean. Okay gym, great sky bar and right next to Tai Koo station. It's highly recommended and I'll be back for sure.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Thank Anders E. S
Shannalee_EAST, Director of Guest Experience at EAST Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Thank you for your recent stay and I am thrilled to hear your positive comments to our service, facilities and location.

I can’t wait to welcome you back and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Ambiance: East has easy on the eye interior with warm colours in the long. Inside the room modern accents and minimalism decor allows the eyes to focus on the harbour views. Understated class and sophistication.

Service: Gary heads the guests services is charming and pleasant. I called for a brush and the operator is pleasant and deliver on par. You feel like a King for the time being.

Location: the location is away from bustling central and expats can see local life. Try the food court in Tai Koo for budget scavengers but on site rooftop bar is amazing

Takeaway: Swire does it again with a combination of great service and memorable design aspects

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for staying with us and I could not be happier to learn about your fabulous experience at EAST, Hong Kong.

Your compliments to Gary, our Assistant Director of Guest Experience and our service team is indeed very encouraging and I have already shared with all of them.

I am glad that you love the design in hotel. EAST, Hong Kong is a unique art piece which is designed by renowned local architect producing a contemporary and relaxed environment with the balance of the body and soul, the yin and yang. Supplemented by Cityplaza mall and the surrounding residential and commercial sector, you can see and feel the real Hong Kong lifestyle.

We very much hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon and with this in mind, do feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

The East is a great hotel to stay at if you want to be away from the the obvious Central strip of hotels. Connected to both the MTR and a shopping mall it has everything you need for a stay that part of town. I use it for business reasons and having stayed there many times, the East has never let me down. One of the best breakfast buffets in town - Love their Eggs Benedict - and a great choice of western and Asian dishes for supper - they have really nailed it as a good value stay. The roof top bar is fantastic and popular with the local funksters. Highly recommended

Room Tip: High floor corner rooms with a harbour view. Cant go wrong with that view
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

It is brilliant to learn that our team takes good care of you. With the direct access to Subway station and full service mall, EAST is an ideal location for both leisure and business purpose.

Eggs Benedict is always my favorite choice from the breakfast selections in Feast to start my day. And indeed, Sugar – our roof top bar is the ‘Must visit’ check-point for every Hong Kong visitor to chill out with refreshing cocktails and stunning harbor view.

Thank you for loving us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.