Causeway Bay in Hong Kong is a very expensive area. I really wanted to stay in Causeway Bay, but didn't want to pay $200+ per night for a room. Hoping to find something nice and cheaper I read reviews for Butterfly on Morrison and went with this hotel. (120/night)
What a mistake.
Walking into the room you will notice how tiny it is. I stayed there with my mom and there was not enough space for 2 tiny women and 2 luggages. 1 regular sized luggage already takes up 80% of the walking space.
The foot of the bed was at the window. Literally at the window. My mom had to crawl over me every time she got up. Comfort of the bed was acceptable, not the best, but I've had much worse. You can feel the springs though.
The bathroom was the absolute worse. The shower is so small that if you turn full circle, you'll hit a wall and definitely hit the tray to hold your shampoo. I knocked over the shampoo 5 times in 15 minutes before I gave up and left the shampoo in the corner of the floor. There is very little space for your toiletries and there are no power outlets in the bathroom.
Under closer inspection, the rooms are not clean. The walls have dirt and god-knows-what plastered on it. The carpets look like they hadn't been vacuumed in a while. It's disgusting.
The wifi cuts out after 5 mins of being idle. You have to go back and login every single time which becomes annoying quickly.
The hotel is located on a block full of lighting store. But thankfully, times square, a fruit market, and the MTR are very closeby.
For $120/night, you'd expect much more. Given that space is very limited in HK, I guess that explains the size. But for the cleanliness, it's unacceptable.
I say... Fork over the extra money for a nice hotel if you're going to stay in Causeway Bay. You won't regret it. You'll get the much needed space and cleanliness. If I could have gone back, I would have spent the extra money. At least then I would have felt like it was well spent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining contemporary comfort with a classy dose of European pizzazz, Butterfly on Morrison cannot enjoy a better location than where it is at Causeway Bay. That means 5 minutes away from the heart of shopper's Hong Kong (think Times Square, Sogo and the brand new Hysan Place); 5 minutes from the high-octane actions of the Happy Valley racetrack and the Hong Kong stadium; 10 minutes from the nightlife and heritage cool of Wan Chai and the same number of minutes from the chic and quirks of Star Street Precinct. In short, everything that makes Hong Kong buzz and hum with energy is right outside. Inside, 98 guest rooms are filled to the brim with sophisticated amenities, offering every comfort for both work and play, including a free smartphone offering unlimited local calls and 3G data, Wi-Fi tethering, a city guide as well as all sorts of interesting info and features. However busy the night gets, the hotel will be your refuge. So when you're tired from a day of non-stop shopping, Rugby Sevens watching or nightlife exploring, return to us, relax and lounge. Our 24-hour front desk and 'Local Ambassadors' have got you covered. How well connected are we? - 6-minute walk to Causeway Bay MTR. - 15-minute taxi ride to the Airport Express Hong Kong Station for direct train connection to Hong Kong International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotel.de, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Butterfly On Morrison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Butterfly On Morrison Hotel Hong Kong
- Butterfly On Morrison Hong Kong