I have just returned from a 5 night stay at The Upper House. I have been a regular visitor to Hong Kong over the years and usually stay at one of the other hotels in Pacific Place. On this occasion I thought I would give The Upper House a try. I certainly did not regret doing so. This is a fine hotel by any standards. The staff are young and eager to please without being obsequious and the check in and check out procedures are effortless. The hotel is peaceful and relaxing, the rooms wonderful (previous reviews have said it all), and the sole restaurant, Cafe Gray, a haven. Breakfasts were always a pleasure, as were the two dinners I enjoyed. The hotel is a triumph of both style and substance and any criticism seems churlish - just occasionally though style wins over substance. For example, if you want to watch TV when in the bath (and why ruin a good bath ?) then you have to sit at the plug and overflow end, with associated discomfort. Also the positioning of the washbasin in the loo cubicle is bizarre - it's far too close to the seat and would have been better placed on the opposite wall. These are, however, truly minor strictures in the context of a wonderful hotel which I would unreservedly recommend to the business traveller. One last point -it's location on a one way circuit serving 4 hotels means that at peak times it is difficult to get a cab. The staff recognise this and go to extraordinary lengths to commandeer cabs at the start of the circuit much to the chagrin, I imagine, of the other hotels. Au revoir The Upper House - I'll be back next year. Don't change anything!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Upper House is a highly individualized small luxury hotel designed by Hong Kong architect Andre Fu. The hotel’s 117 rooms (including 21 suites and 2 penthouses) start at 730sq ft – the largest in Hong Kong. They feature wonderfully spacious bathrooms and dressing areas, and offer either scenic harbour or island views. Calming and contemporary, the rooms are designed to provide a sense of relaxation, warmth and understated luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Preferred Hotels, Prestigia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Upper House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upper House Hotel Hong Kong
- The Upper House Hong Kong