“No Complaints” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #54 of 712 Hotels in Hong Kong
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“No Complaints”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

This hotel is in a great spot. Close to the MTR if you have a business meeting in Central, close to Times Square if you need to go shopping and close to Wan Chai if you need a night out.

The rooms are nice, well appointed and very clean - great shower too.

The rooftop bar is lovely, although £4 for a small diet coke seemed excessive, and pack your swimming trunks for a refreshing half hour.

Would I come back? Well this was my third visit.

Room Tip: The upgrade charge is worth considering especially if you are a Priority Club member
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

The Crowne Plaza in Causeway Bay is my preferred choice for hotels in Hong Kong Island since I am a platinum member of Priority Club. The rooms are clean and well designed. The suites are some of the best I've stayed in at typical business hotels. The location is great with Times Square and Causeway Bay subway station only a short walk. The service has always been good, especially for regular guests like myself. I do miss the club lounge at the 2nd floor which has been converted into a restaurant in the past year though Club 28 is not that bad when not too noisy.

Breakfast could be better!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the race course
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

My husband and I spent 7 nights in this hotel. He was on business and I was on leisure. This hotel is suitable for both. The MRT station is just barely 150m away. Right opposite of the hotel is the famous "MAK'S NOODLE". "HUI LAU SHAN" & "HO HUNG KEE" are just one block away from mak's. As you walk towards the MRT station at Times Square, you will see them.

Being a priority club member, we were upgraded to a bigger room (corner room), for HK standards, this is a very spacious room. The swimming pool was chic & beautiful.

I will definite consider this hotel for my next stay in HK.

Room Tip: Ask for "01" room on each floor, ie. 801, 601... Corner room with 2 panels of glass, poten...
1 Thank michellemarion
Essex/London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

This is a well priced, well appointed hotel that served as a good base for business in HK and subsequently as family accommodation. I was working Uk hours whilst in HK and was arriving back at the hotel very late, but the rooftop bar was always open and happy to serve. In tthe mornings, the rooftop pool was a welcome distraction. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get an end room overlooking Happy Valley.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

Where do I start. I work for an international phone company and my roll is to evangelize to all the local sales teams a product line specialized for hotels. I typically don't write reviews about hotels seeing that I'm in the business and find my opinion will be bias towards my clients. I have the opportunity to travel the world and stay in limited service hotels all the way up to the most luxurious hotels in the world.

The Crowne Plaza Hong Kong Casuseway Bay. Wow Amazing from the moment I walked in the door to the moment i took my first shower. My reservation was done by our local office so they didn't add my loyalty number to the file. Upon check-in they added my loyalty number to folio without me asking. The front desk clerk looked me up while i was waiting. The bathroom layout was fascinating with a glass wall to the bedroom. The shower and for those who travel often you'll get my next comment. The water pressure, the space and hot-water was AMAZING best shower to-date.

The Internet for me is like my lifeline to my family and work when I travel. I was able without any issues at all connect my company Blackberry, laptop and my personal Iphone and Ipad. The connection was fast and reliable. I was able to have a face time chat with my daughter on my IPhone, download emails on my laptop and have Netflix running on my IPad at the same time.

Room service they actually spoke English yes English and they got my order right on the first try. Nothing was missing all the utensils and condiments came with the tray. lol... The only comment I would have with room service is to call the guest 30 minutes after delivering the food if we would want o have the tray removed form the room. I'm not the type to put my tray outside the door it lowers the hotels standard.

Drying cleaning: After three days of meetings I needed my suite dry cleaned, Wow the next morning right on time my suite arrived. What more cans I say I actually made my meeting with a clean suite.

If you're looking for a business hotel and I'm sure they do ok with the leisure crowd the Crowne Plaza Hong Kong Causeway Bay is the right choice.