“Excellent 4 1/2-star Hotel, Fantastic Service”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Hong Kong Causeway Bay
Ranked #46 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I spent 4 nights here with my girlfriend. I would rate the hotel 4 1/2 stars, not quite up to 5-star standards. The room was clean, modern, and comfortable. What stood out to me were 1) the amenities provided to PriorityClub platinum elite members and 2) the fantastic service.

As a platinum elite, they provided us with a room with a good view, free breakfast, free evening cocktails, and free wifi. This saved us a lot of money. The quality of the breakfast buffet was quite good, and the beer in the evening was cold. They also provided a small plate of appetizers during the evening drink service.

From the moment we arrived, service was excellent -- better than most 5-star hotels in which I have stayed. Everyone was enthusiastically helpful, friendly, but never got in the way. Those who worked in the small lobby were stellar.

Only a few minor criticisms. The room doors slam shut very loudly. Even when trying, the doors would not shut quietly. Also, the pool is in an odd location next to the top-floor lounge and it really didn't seem inviting.

I will certainly try to stay here again if/when I return to Hong Kong. Thanks to the great staff; we truly felt like welcomed guests.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Hong Kong Causeway Bay

Reviewed 11 June 2012

We stayed in this nice hotel of Causebay for our second time and we could say that our second stay was better that our first one. Sometimes is not easy to make a choice in Wanchai but the Crowne Plaza is a perfect and wonderfull place to make our business in this dynamic city of Hong Kong.
Rooms should be 5 star, beds are very high quality and all the extras in service are in place. Our view is spectacular and the pool at the top is very original. Hong Kong needs places like this, in past not all our stays had been with good value.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I regularly stay here for business and always have a great experience. Rooftop bar and pool era is great.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank rblw
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I stayed at this property for four nights whilst visiting Hong Kong. I have no complaints about the hotel and would stay at it again. It’s not a five star hotel (more like a 'strong' four stars), though this shouldn't keep you from booking - unless your look for something like the Ritz or Four Seasons.

Some other points:

Location - The hotel is a short walk from the Causeway Bay Station, with good links to Central and beyond. It takes about 47 min. from the airport (Airport Express to Hong Kong / Central Station and then the Island Line to Causeway Bay Station), though there is a bit of walking from Hong Kong / Central Station until you arrive at the hotel. Since I had some luggage, I took a cab directly to Hong Kong Station on the way back. There are also plenty of restaurants (there is a Starbucks across the street), bars and shopping (e.g. Times Square) around the property.

Friendly staff - Most of the staff spoke good English and they were willing to help out. The Front Desk took care of several reservations, both in Hong Kong and Macau, during our stay.

Room - The room and common areas were spotless...the hotel is fairly new. I was upgraded to a room on the 26th floor, which is the Executive Level. The rooms are a little on the small side, though not bad for Hong Kong and the price you are paying. It came with free bottles water (refreshed daily), fruit and Internet. I'm not sure if this was because it’s on the Executive Floor or my status (I'm Platinum). There was a nice view of the city from my room and came with some neat pieces of technology (iPod dock, DVD/CD player, speakers throughout, mobile hotel phone, etc.)

Facilities - There are a few restaurants within the hotel, though I did not eat in any of them. I did order room service on a few occasions, which was above average for hotel food (it was certainly better then what I have had at Crowne Plazas in the UK). There is a bar on the 25th floor that is on the same level of the pool. I'd go there for a drink and take a look at the view.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank dfisch891
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza, Causeway bay for 2 nights on a business/leisure visit. As a priority gold, we were upgraded to a suite with a sweeping view of Happy Valley. Everything in this suite was well appointed. The master bathroom has two sinks, a bathtub, a separated shower stall and toilet. The surround sound system is unexpected. The most unexpected features are the USB charger and " the sanctuary" providing all kinds of universal connectors for your mobile devices. The restaurant Kudos could be a little warmer and larger but the food and service made up for the drawbacks. I definitely will return to this hotel again. One last thing, it is convenient located behind Time Square shopping complex.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business