“Small room but convenient location”

Casa Hotel Hong Kong
Ranked #205 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Melbourne, Australia
“Small room but convenient location”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Stayed in a double room (room 416) for two weeks. Location is great- less than a minute walk to Yau Ma Tei MTR station. For those of you who haven't been to HK, YauMaTei is also close to MongKok ( great for late night shopping/food) and TsimSha Tsui (also good for shopping and seeing main tourist attractions). Temple street is just behind the hotel and is famous for it's claypot rice. hotel is situated on Nathan Road - lots of shops for shopping. Price of the room is quite reasonable- I paid about $80/night through Agoda. Staff are friendly and I was often greeted by the house keeping staff in the morning when I leave the hotel room. They also tidy the room on a daily basis. The not so good part about the hotel is that the bathroom is quite small. I didn't have trouble with the size due to being quite a petite person myself but can imagine that people who are taller and slightly larger build may find the bathroom rather squishy and uncomfortable. The other thing is that- as mentioned in other reviews, the bathroom is a wet bathroom. There is no separate shower-you are simply showering over the toilet and hand basin (if that makes sense). For my bathroom, the water drained really slow. If I had the shower running for 2 minute non stop, my feet will be completely submerged in water. After I finish my shower, it'll take about about 30 minutes for water to drain away completely. I read in a separate review, that management advised that the sheets are changed every 3 days. In my case, the sheets were only changed once in my two week stay. On my first night, I noticed a dirty mark on the pillow case. I couldn't be bothered reporting it as it was not a big deal and I just used the second pillow that was available. However I noticed that whilst the bed was made daily by the housekeeping staff, the dirty pillow case remained which was an indication to me that sheets were not changed. On the sixth night I rang reception and requested that they change the sheets the next day. The receptionist advised that it will be changed but upon my return to the hotel room the nxt day, I found again that the bed was made but the sheets and dirty pillow case had not been changed as requested. Had to call room service and request that they change sheets right away, which they did. However it was disappointing to note that the sheets were not changed even once in the following week but I couldn't be bothered reporting it as I was leaving anyway.

Besides the above, I think the hotel is quite reasonable but I would probably want to try a different hotel next time I'm in Hong Kong.

• Stayed March 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 11 April 2012 via mobile

As everyone else has said, the rooms are tiny and bathrooms are only about 1 metre x 1 metre, but it's Hong Kong. I"d love to know where someone is going to find much more for the price. I think the A21 bus from the airport which stops on Nathan Road (stop 9) across the road from the hotel seems better value than the MTR . Fresh towels, bed made, good value.

Stayed April 2012
3 Thank Hogiekj58
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 29 March 2012

everyone is right it is conviencing located at the perfect area.but honestly for the price that we are paying we can get a 5 star at the same price.the rooms are terribly small and isnt easy even if u have just 2 suitcases.our bags were nt huge but yet we had to open one at a time and jump over them to actually get across the room.we booked on a high floor so we didnt hear the traffic but the walls are very thin and can actually hear the next doors tv and their conversation and oh gosh the bathrooms were very small.worse thani have ever seen.not evn a bathroom in india wud look like that.i suggest the city view hotel which is also convenient,

Room Tip: rather spend that little extra for a better hotel
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank prettyme985

Travellers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

wellington
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This is one hotel in Hong Kong that is absolutely in the right location. It is a two minute walk as you get out of Yau Ma Tei metro station. The rooms are really tiny as the case of hotels in HK but if your visit is to explore HK the whole day and just retire at night this is definitely a hotel value for money. Ask a room not along Nathan Road as it could be noisy if you are trying to get a good rest. The newly opened cafe that serves breakfast is also a real value for money, clean and restful environment. The bathroom is the real issue. In all my travels, I have not seen a bathroom configured as this. Be sure to bring out all your stuff before you start having your shower. This real value of this hotel is its great location.

Room Tip: choose one not facing nathan road
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
selangor
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Due to last minute decision, we ( my dear sis and I) decided to have a fun eating trip in HK. Got a good deal with MAS ( they landed 20 minutes earlier at HK) and we still get to catch a bus at 11pm and reaching hotel close to 12 midnight. We were given a room at 14th floor, checked out the room which was at the back of hotel and were not pleased with it because it was cramped and closed to the other building wall. Went down to reception which was manned by a elderly grey- haired man (wearing a normal collared white shirt - I presumed a senior post) and he was not pleased telling us off that this will be the last change or just paid HK220 to upgrade to a better room! We reasoned with him that we wanted a room facing the front(Nathan Rd) and was given a room at 12th floor. Again its a room at the back and even scary with a leading stairway at the next building. Fed up we went down again and told him to change our room to our request( in fact before our departure I had email to them about our needs) and he still tried to ask us to upgrade. Finally a nice guy(wearing coat) after hearing all the fuss came over to tell us that he will personally take us to room 709 to check whether we like the room. Now this is definitely a better room and this time it faced Nathan Rd. So if you do meet this greyed hair man who in fact looks friendly but nasty-beware!
He only manned the reception at night.
So we had a cozy room and yes a SMALL toilet/bathroom but the water pressure was good.
Staying 3 nights we checked out at 4a.m to catch the 8.45 flight back to Malaysia. And you never have to worry about paying an exorbitant taxi fare coz their bus to airport ply 24 hours!
GREAT FOOD & SHOPPING- Hong Kong we will still be back!

Room Tip: facing Nathan Rd and try to get room above level 7 otherwise you will be counting buses.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family