We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights just last week in June. It was almost an hour's ride on bus A21 and we got off at stop #16 at Chatman Road near Hart Avenue. From there, Prat Avenue is just a short walk up ahead. The entrance is very easy to miss but there is a big overhead street sign with the hotel's name. Prat Avenue is a very narrow street with some small restaurants and some HK cafes. Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station is about 5-10 minutes walk away from Prat Avenue to Humpreys Avenue. You will find nicer restaurants at Cameron Road just a street away. There is a cheap ramen restaurant there and a very good value for money restaurant called Butaya that sells good Japanese pork cutlets.
Reception area is very small and staff were friendly and spoke good English. The rooms are not big but this is common in Hong Kong. For the price, you get a desk, a bed, a decent wardrobe and a mounted flat screen TV on the wall. There is a good variety of TV channels to watch as well. Overall, the design is modern and chic and the bed is firm and comfortable. I found the toilet very hard to flush and the shower stall very small. The design of the sink also makes the glass top easy to get wet.
If you are looking to stay at TST, this is not a bad option. I might try the other Butterfly hotels on Hong Kong island in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of pulsating Tsim Sha Tsui, Butterfly on Prat is the ideal launch pad to indulge in the best shopping, museums and panorama Hong Kong has to offer. Step outside of the hip and chic comforts of the hotel and loose yourself in the mega shopping maze of Harbour City. Go catch up with arts, culture and past of the ex-colony, wine and dine Michelin-grade gourmets and drink in the uninterrupted views of some of the world's finest skylines. Whatever you do in this part of town, you simply wish you'd have more eyes, ears, taste buds and time. To fulfill travellers' need for seamless, connected travel experience, the hotel now offers "4G Pocket WiFi Device" to keep your life in sync! Bring WiFi with you around town and stay in touch with the mobile hotspot (unlimited local data) that instantly connects your devices (up to 5 smartphones, tablets or other wireless portable devices) to the Internet anywhere the coverage is available. Straightforward and effortless - this is how travel should be! And once your heady day is over, return to the stylish relief of our 158 rooms, where branded amenities and device-friendly docking stations mix with free Wi-Fi and strong pops of colours to craft enhanced inspirations for both work and play. Guests will even get the treat of a free smartphone, offering unlimited local calls and 3G data, a city guide as well as all sorts of interesting info and features. Families with children are well taken care of too, with thoughtful amenities and ample space to fit comfortably a family of four. Whenever help is needed, our 24-hour front desk is on stand-by. Need travel advice? Try our 'Local Ambassadors'! How well connected are we? - 4-minute walk to the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR subway station. - 10-minute taxi ride to the Airport Express Kowloon Station for direct train connection to Hong Kong International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia and Ctrip TA so you can book your Butterfly on Prat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Butterfly On Prat Hotel Hong Kong
- Butterfly On Prat Hong Kong